Newbies on the forum :-)

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Since coming back to the forum last summer it feels like each time I log on and check the 'New posts' section I see a few more new members joining the site.

It's nice to see the forum continually succeeding and growing and nice to see so many new names that are happy to be new MB owners - welcome.

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
And I’m sure there will be more problems to bring the rest of them back soon enough.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Ive lost count the number of new registrations I've seen that immediately after signing up make a solitary post then leave and never return. Some of them are not even asking a question, simply introducing themselves. o_O
If you view this forum on a PC and hover your mouse over somebodys username it shows when they joined and when last seen.
It makes me reluctant to respond to first posts for this reason.
Different people have different priorities of course, but why take the time to sign up to a forum site then never visit it again? :confused:
There are always exceptions though and a lot of new members do stick around and enjoy the forum...we all have to start somewhere after all. :D
I joined almost 2 years ago which still makes me a newbie compared to some. :p My first introduction post was quite a long one and I had every intention of sticking around. :)

BPD07

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w208 CLK ragtop, r230 SL350
Ive lost count the number of new registrations I've seen that immediately after signing up make a solitary post then leave and never return. Some of them are not even asking a question, simply introducing themselves. o_O
If you view this forum on a PC and hover your mouse over somebodys username it shows when they joined and when last seen.
Different people have different priorities of course, but why take the time to sign up to a forum site then never visit it again? :confused:
There are always exceptions though and a lot of new members do stick around and enjoy the forum...we all have to start somewhere after all. :D
I joined almost 2 years ago which still makes me a newbie compared to some. :p My first introduction post was quite a long one and I had every intention of sticking around. :)
I joined the club, paid the PayPal and then found out the first three months on the forum were free. . No questions yet, beyond what happens to this ID on three months lol

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I joined the club, paid the PayPal and then found out the first three months on the forum were free. . No questions yet, beyond what happens to this ID on three months lol
You'll still be welcome!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Takes most of us a lot to not welcome people here, some even stay around when Mercless, I did for a few years while I had a Plug. It was a good job I stayed around too as my current car was sold via the forum here from a fellow member, couldn’t be happier with it even 4 years later.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If you turn your phone sideways you can also see the post count and join date :)

Since coming back to the forum last summer it feels like each time I log on and check the 'New posts' section I see a few more new members joining the site.

It's nice to see the forum continually succeeding and growing and nice to see so many new names that are happy to be new MB owners - welcome.
We’re currently on just over 105k members, we were at 99k earlier this year. The forum is very active which is great :)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
If you turn your phone sideways you can also see the post count and join date :)
Now there's a trick I wasn't aware of...I just tried it and yes you are right. :cool:
Nobody holds their phone sideways while browsing so it will be a little known fact. :geek:

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
It is great to see many new members sign up. Indeed many members join only to find a solution to not be seen again - thats their prerogative. Indeed such "members" can be spotted a mile off.
Me I just welcome all with some nice words and hope they stick about. If they dont then have I been a good person in being welcoming. Cant do any more and I wont loose any sleep otherwise.
Be kind and welcoming folks, create a good positive society.

Cleck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQC 400
I joined a few years back when I bought my first E220, but since I know next to nothing about repairing cars, I have very little to contribute, even more so since I'm now driving an EQC, but I loiter regularly and read what you lot are up to.

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
I only really joined to have a question answered, but liked it so much I stayed

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I only really joined to have a question answered, but liked it so much I stayed
Me too a long time back. But the more i got into car maintenance and the love of Benz i am a regular. The amount of knowledge one picks up on the forum and can share is great. Its also great to see how cars have changed over the years and without a scan, many things cant be dignosed on the forum with modern cars

T5R+

Reaction score
Think this a great MB site. Invaluable, helpful and pretty well behaved. Some of the technical items are both inciteful and insightful.

Whilst some of us do not always participate due to a myriad of reasons - appreciative of those forum regulars who make this a "go to" forum.

Syzsounds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/2010/
I'm still here !
Not to familiar with the brand yet but i'm not going anywhere.
Besides, where else i'm i going to show off everything i'm doing to my c class after all the parts i've just bought to fully service and upgrade her. ( Dont worry its not body kits and shiny lights !)
There's some very good info on here and some very knowledgeable people ... I like it .

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Its a great place with very knowledgeable people. The information sticks around too and I read posts even for models I don't own as I'm generally just interested! The post the other week on changing the rear window motor in an SL was fascinating. What a cow of a job but without someone having done it, writing it up here, we may never know how to do these things successfully! Then, one has to trust a mechanic or god forbid the dealer and spend considerable dosh keeping older MBs serviceable. I will always contribute where I can and where I'm reasonably confident.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I joined a few years back when I bought my first E220, but since I know next to nothing about repairing cars, I have very little to contribute, even more so since I'm now driving an EQC, but I loiter regularly and read what you lot are up to.
There is plenty of great banter you can join in with. My mechanical knowledge is pretty much Zero but I do enjoy the banter with a great bunch of people :)

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom