No brake light.....and abs/esp/bas warning...

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
On a V reg C280 auto est.......

No brake light's at all.....plus when you start up as soon as you put on the brake to put the lever into drive I get the abs and the bas/esp warning light's coming on......anyone any ideas.

Oh....and when my side light's (parking light's) are on the brake light (driver's side) is jammed on, I'm stumpted, thanks for any help.

Btw....this car just went through an mot 2 weeks ago!!

Dunx

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a faulty brake light switch. It's a common failing across a few models. Fairly inexpensive to replace, around £10 I think.

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
Yea but can that cause all the abs esp ect thing's to happen too.

Dunx

Reaction score
Yep, the BAS & ABS, etc are all dependant on the brake light switch. If you search this forum for BAS, you'll find it's a fairly common theme.

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
Yea I did a search and it sounds like thats the problem, is it easy to fit yourself?....and what happens if I replace it and it doesn't sort it......

I phoned the dealer and it's £11.......I would fit it myself as I dont trust the "dealer" I bought it from...NO WAY!, I have a month's warranty well another 2 weeks but I just want them near it simple as that.

Last edited:

Dunx

Reaction score
I've never replaced one myself, but going by previous posts it sounds do-able, if a little tricky to het to.

Yes, it's a stealer part.

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
Cheers.........I'll pm ya them.

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
I'll have to sell up so it'll have to be fixed.

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
I got a switch and that put the warning light's out, but I did while at the stealer but when I turned the light's on my driver's rear is still stuck on brake or fog.

This will needed to fixed before selling.

Ian Brown

Banned
Reaction score
Stulc said:
I got a switch and that put the warning light's out, but I did while at the stealer but when I turned the light's on my driver's rear is still stuck on brake or fog.

This will needed to fixed before selling.

wrong bulb fitted or if its a stop and tail bulb it is fitted round the wrong way.

OP
S

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
Ian Brown said:
wrong bulb fitted or if its a stop and tail bulb it is fitted round the wrong way.

The thing is Ian it was working fine :confused:

I fitted it myself with the help of (dam it cant remember his name :Oops: ) who sent the "how to do it" file.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom