No longer at my Comand?

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Mic, ???
For people to 'be interested' and willing to come along to your event you kindly made an invitation to, there also needs to be an interest and a reason besides seeing what you have bought.

I know you feel that people might be so fascinated with your new stereo we will all rush round to see it and immediately place an order at the feet of the alpine reps. But please consider what some of us have already. Not everyone is interested in replacing a whole stereo system in one go but maybe some aspects of your system could be useful to others and information you can find out about ie. aerial.

But what, 2 -3 posts, no one is hijacking your thread, but merely discussing other options and kit we already have and points that might link your visiting alpine experts to what we might ask you about or even bother turning up.

Please consider your thread returned - exclusively !

OP
Mic

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Mic, ???
For people to 'be interested' and willing to come along to your event you kindly made an invitation to, there also needs to be an interest and a reason besides seeing what you have bought.

I know you feel that people might be so fascinated with your new stereo we will all rush round to see it and immediately place an order at the feet of the alpine reps. But please consider what some of us have already. Not everyone is interested in replacing a whole stereo system in one go but maybe some aspects of your system could be useful to others and information you can find out about ie. aerial.

But what, 2 -3 posts, no one is hijacking your thread, but merely discussing other options and kit we already have and points that might link your visiting alpine experts to what we might ask you about or even bother turning up.

Please consider your thread returned - exclusively !

Thank you

Mic

OP
Mic

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Cleverdicky

You were right.....no one else was interested, but nonetheless it was a meeting that I found interesting and I believe was useful to the Alpine chaps.

Mic

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
So Mic all in all what did this set you back? I can't find the originating thread where you might have covered this...this one has been split out and some of the posts are attributed to wrong people and others disappeared! (At least on Tapatalk in the IPad they have! )

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Cleverdicky

You were right.....no one else was interested, but nonetheless it was a meeting that I found interesting and I believe was useful to the Alpine chaps.

Mic

Never mind. All is not lost.
Unless of course you forgot to ask the alpine reps about DTV and car aerials.

OP
Mic

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
So Mic all in all what did this set you back? I can't find the originating thread where you might have covered this...this one has been split out and some of the posts are attributed to wrong people and others disappeared! (At least on Tapatalk in the IPad they have! )

£1771.99

Mic

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE KNOCK THE COMMAND set up? It works if you understand how to operate it and you don't need 7 digit post codes, they are just convenient. Of course there are many more units available now but they still look like after market parts whatever you do to the surrounds. If you just need a good Sat Nav and nothing else a £50.00 Tom Tom will get the job done.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry but no support for 7 digit postcodes is a complete PITA ...... I used to just take a postcode to put into my old (i mean like the original satnavs) now I have to know which town and which street as well as a post code (well a bit of it)...

Dont get me wrong I like Comand but this basic failing is a shambles and should have been recified years ago (I think it is now)...

I also found it odd that my Ipod track control was on the Dashboard and not the Comand itself ...again it may be fixed now...

But for those with the older Comand those would be the 2 things I would fault it for.

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Gkinghorn, I fully understand what you are saying but 2002 can't be compared to 2012 not in electrical terminology. So it takes alittle longer to input the required data it still takes you where you want to go. I will let you know about the iPod when I find it along with the NEW reading glasses that have not surfaced since Friday.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Gkinghorn, I fully understand what you are saying but 2002 can't be compared to 2012 not in electrical terminology. So it takes alittle longer to input the required data it still takes you where you want to go. I will let you know about the iPod when I find it along with the NEW reading glasses that have not surfaced since Friday.
errr my Satnav was from 2005 when it had 7 digit postcode .... it wasnt on my 2008 Comand system (NTG2.5??) .... I think its a good comparison.... ;)

Anyway need to stop hijacking MIcs thread..sorry Mic..:Oops:

OP
Mic

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
errr my Satnav was from 2005 when it had 7 digit postcode .... it wasnt on my 2008 Comand system (NTG2.5??) .... I think its a good comparison.... ;)

Anyway need to stop hijacking MIcs thread..sorry Mic..:Oops:

Do what you like with the Thread......it was only whilst I thought (wrongly) that there may have been some interest in meeting with the Guys (the ones with ''scrambled egg on their hats'') from Alpine and felt the need to gauge numbers......I was one of one !!!***???

Mic

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Had the timing be different I may well have been but wrong side of my holiday. I'll be ditching my COMAND 2 in the new year, funds permitting

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I do like what Mic did but £1700 is a bit on the expensive side for me ..... I can live with my CD multi changer and the rest of it... May well just go for a digital radio tuner but that's about it I think...

TJ101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 Sprinter 319 RV, 2004 SL350, Defender 110 (The Proper One)
2003 Comand unit with a damaged screen.

Mic

Hi, A old thread i know,, Did you still have your Comand unit ?

As i could be in need ??

Tim

OP
Mic

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Hi, A old thread i know,, Did you still have your Comand unit ?

As i could be in need ??

Tim

Sorry, not the Comand Unit but I still have the Bose Amplifier and the CD changer.

Mic

TJ101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 Sprinter 319 RV, 2004 SL350, Defender 110 (The Proper One)
Hi
Thanks for letting me know

Need a 2003/4 Comand unit for my SL ,, or may have to go the same route as you did ??

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
Mic that is some impressive unit I give you that. But my Comand gives me the Star every time ignition is on.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hi
Thanks for letting me know

Need a 2003/4 Comand unit for my SL ,, or may have to go the same route as you did ??

What is wrong with the one you have? we have some spares for these.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What is wrong with the one you have? we have some spares for these.

I have it here, it is dead, I have measured all I can cold but just draw a blank

This is why I sent the PM asking to buy it if you still had it.

Top Bottom