no power after fuel filter renewal.311 cdi

tom757xx

Reaction score
replaced the fuel filter and filled fuel filter with diesel, when i start the engine it wont go over 2000 revs and stalls now and again, also when i start the engine some kind of pump under the n/r side headlight starts to wind up really loud...please help:(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Can you see any air bubbles in the pipes,,was it OK before you started doing the filters

OP
T

tom757xx

Reaction score
yes it was fine

was fine till i replaced the filter, have tried the old one back on again and its still got no power. It idles fine but press the peddle and its only revving to 2 and half thousand revs,cant see any bubbles in fuel linw and that motor is making a hell of a whine

HUSKY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 1997 & C250TD 1999
was fine till i replaced the filter, have tried the old one back on again and its still got no power. It idles fine but press the peddle and its only revving to 2 and half thousand revs,cant see any bubbles in fuel linw and that motor is making a hell of a whine

Hi, did you figure out what the problem was?

Am about to change the fuel filter on my 313cdi, your post has made me a tad wary!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom