No sound from front speakers Audio 10

SteveX

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just trying out the Audio 10 system in the CLK, there is no sound coming from any of the front four components.

If I use the fader or balance it just goes left and right in both cases oddly with the rear door speakers.

I popped the stereo out, tested all outputs on an old speaker and they all work from the head unit. So I disconnected what appears to be the thicker cable to the front components and connected up a working output - no sound.

It seems that none of the front components are working, I've checked the fuse box but can only see the fuse for the head unit no additional amp. Is there another amp or control box that goes from the head unit? Seems strange none of the front components are working at all.

Cheers,

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just on my last issue now before running her, so keen to get her fixed and out of the garage :)

It's odd that all of the front is out, is there an amplifier that powers the components?

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Found the issue, someones done a crazy wiring job to the back of the car before with some monster cable, the original loom to the original speakers is up out of the way.

I assume they fitted an amplifier in the back at some point, now it's time to connect up the the original loom and see what does / doesn't work and take it from there!

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Fixed after rewiring it all!!

Sounds good now though :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom