Not happy with Indep

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I don't expect clinical analysis, just who did what and when, not a private smear campaign that casts a wide and unfair shadow.

It was a minor thing that has got blown up out of all proportion, what happened is no different to the MB dealers telling people that they need new brakes at one third of their actual wear, maybe this indie was fresh out of MB

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
I am mightily confused with little care Kwik Fit, MB Main Agents MB themselves etc etc are regularly named on here and condemned or praised occasionally.
Trip Advisor, Amazon, Argos etc have pages of reviews on goods and services some good some terrible.
I find the PM system to be an underhand way of giving feedback as all Guildford based indies are now tinged with suspicion, that is plainly unfair.
Either delete the thread as the indie is not a member or make them aware and let them reply if they want too.
Underhand private whispering campaigns are not something an ethical person should engage in.

Finally, someone who can think for themselves arrives on the scene!

OP
B

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
It was a minor thing that has got blown up out of all proportion, what happened is no different to the MB dealers telling people that they need new brakes at one third of their actual wear, maybe this indie was fresh out of MB

I don't think that's true. No adjustment left on the h/b as the shoes and discs were too worn, isn't the same thing (especially as I left with the same non-holding h/b as I went in with). Nor is saying the discs are so badly worn that it would be an MOT fail. Let alone when it's totally untrue.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I don't think that's true. No adjustment left on the h/b as the shoes and discs were too worn, isn't the same thing (especially as I left with the same non-holding h/b as I went in with). Nor is saying the discs are so badly worn that it would be an MOT fail. Let alone when it's totally untrue.

I did not mean that your complaint was blown up out of all proportion at all, you told us of your experience, that was all OK.

The rest of the thread went off track, and as many have said in the same circumstances they just move on, and that is what you did.

Its got out of hand by those demanding to know who it was. It happens in all the service industry, no one can please all the people all the time, and that is fact, and no big deal at all.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Not until the handbrake/disc is fully stripped will you truly be able to measure the wear. Perhaps and only perhaps if the original indie had the chance to strip he would have not fitted the parts especially if he had supplied them. So perhaps he has had an educated guess until the vehicle is stripped??

OP
B

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
No - I mean the point about 1/3 wear and merc dealers' approach. That might have been plausible, if I'd not been told expressly that the h/b could not be tightened at all as it was fully up, on account of wear to shoes and discs, which was plain and simple balls.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No - I mean the point about 1/3 wear and merc dealers' approach. That might have been plausible, if I'd not been told expressly that the h/b could not be tightened at all as it was fully up, on account of wear to shoes and discs, which was plain and simple balls.

I do not think that I have ever seen a thread where the rear shoes were totally worn out making adjustment impossible, it is the shoes that must be adjusted first before the cable, the cable must be slackened off before attempting to adjust the shoes

w44nty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDI 2002,C180 Kompressor
Aren't you contradicting yourself?

We've heard the complaint & the OP has now spread the name of the shop, albeit in a sneaky, underhand way.

Get the impression he's on a mission here????

I looks like you are as well,just found a perfect Number plate for you

Last edited by a moderator:

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
I do not think that I have ever seen a thread where the rear shoes were totally worn out making adjustment impossible, it is the shoes that must be adjusted first before the cable, the cable must be slackened off before attempting to adjust the shoes

We have seen it tho, in which case they have either been overheated or rust has caused separation of the friction material from plate/shoe. Not that common tho.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom