Not happy with Indep

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Are you taking the p1ss, or are you involved with the indep by any chance?

You are better off ignoring him, he hounds me sometimes;)

OP
B

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
You're quite right. Oddly enough, I was just looking for the ignore button....

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Are you taking the p1ss, or are you involved with the indep by any chance?

I'm not taking the **** at all.

I don't know who the indy is & I don't know you from Adam.

I also don't know whether you have told us an accurate version of events or have an axe to grind.

What I do know is you are assiduously avoiding naming them publicly while you are blackening their name by PM, repeatedly.

Time to put up or shut up.

OP
B

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
...which I've now found. Happy days.

c15htn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'00 A208 CLK320 Convertible.
Can we have a smiley please? The one that rolls on the floor laughing hysterically whilst people are trolling away getting no where!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::shock:

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Can we have a smiley please? The one that rolls on the floor laughing hysterically whilst people are trolling away getting no where!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::shock:

You confuse me c15htn. Our leader & your hero is on record on this thread saying the same thing I'm saying, that the indy should be named.

Is he trolling too?

And we should be told who it was

stevenN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI W210 2002
Life too short, they will just deny ever saying it. Just won't ever go there again - there are plenty of other choices.

Very happy to name if people want to PM me if they are thinking of getting work done in the Guildford area.

Not wanting to side with the op or sgoti.
But maybe the best course of action would have been the op going back to the Indy to complain about his actions then post the results in the feedback section.
That way he can just post that he has given feedback and the Indy can respond.

I can take a positive from this thread as I didn't know about the feedback section of the forum

Steve

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What I fail to understand here is why should anyone think that all indies are perfect, for they are not, just like in all trades there are good,bad and the crooks.
Again in most trades anyone can set up as an indie.

Now we are lucky on here as we have some of the best indies around posting here on the forum, many members also have their own indies that are not on here.

In all fairness to all, Mark.s has asked us to rate the service for all the listed indies. You cannot have more than that, sure there may be 2 sides to every story, but thats life.

SteveX

Reaction score
I don't trust hardly any garages lol.

Hence I have done the majority of my work myself for a long time.

Most of them around here are rubbish though. It seems the decent places are always 100's of miles or hours from me.

That said, I don't always have the time or tools to do everything I need so there are certain things I will ask someone to do, but it's normally a specific thing I don't have time to do, and with it being something specific I always know whether it has been done or not.

I could do with a trustworthy place around here to help me out every now and then, but my local Indi is PC Autocare - google them and look at their reviews. I took my M3 their once - never again. They said I practically needed a new car the muppets, when all I needed was a new flexi joint welding on the 2nd manifold.

carloss

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
jaguar xk
There are at least two sides to every story & we're only hearing one.

Can someone who knows which business is being talked about here contact them & make them aware of this thread?

Having seen another indy on here being thrashed by ignorant innuendo & inaccurate reporting of an incident I think the other party's input is required before forming any conclusions.

Who might that indie be neil ?and what was the ignorant innuendo and inaccurate reporting ??

Last edited:

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I think in this case it would be wrong to name and shame the Indy. If we are to listen to a complaint, then we should also have the opportunity listen to the other side of the argument. And I think in this case the evidence should have been retained and returned to the original Indy and request further info as to why they made the recommendation to change pads and disks.

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
I think in this case it would be wrong to name and shame the Indy. If we are to listen to a complaint, then we should also have the opportunity listen to the other side of the argument. And I think in this case the evidence should have been retained and returned to the original Indy and request further info as to why they made the recommendation to change pads and disks.

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

We've heard the complaint & the OP has now spread the name of the shop, albeit in a sneaky, underhand way.

Very happy to name if people want to PM me if they are thinking of getting work done in the Guildford area.

Mind you, bear with me - it's a slow process replying to PMs when you are only allowed to do one a minute....

Nonsense - use the PM button and all is revealed.

It's simple, if you are interested, use indeps in the Guildford area, and want to know, PM me - as many people have - and you will have the info. It's really that simple.

Get the impression he's on a mission here????

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet 2004, R 230 SL 500 2005, new A class AMG Sport.
I find some of this thread to be very confusing !
The OP had a problem with and Indy and reported his side of the story. Quite rightly he declined to name them publicly (Miffy appears to agree) and appears to have named then privately to those who have asked. Isnt that what clubs and forums are for ?
Some guy however is asking for the Indy to be named openly and says the OP is being sneaky by not doing so. Emotive language to describe the exercising of common sense and discretion. There is also the implication that the OP is being inaccurate and untruthful with references to a previous similar thread. I am not sure where the evidence for the inaccuracy comes from as the OP seems to have been open with us including his reasons for using Indy 2 and not keeping the old parts.
Why do some have to try to distort these threads into personal attacks on other members ? If we stick to the facts we could continue to have useful debates on here for the benefit of all members ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I find some of this thread to be very confusing !
The OP had a problem with and Indy and reported his side of the story. Quite rightly he declined to name them publicly (Miffy appears to agree) and appears to have named then privately to those who have asked. Isnt that what clubs and forums are for ?
Some guy however is asking for the Indy to be named openly and says the OP is being sneaky by not doing so. Emotive language to describe the exercising of common sense and discretion. There is also the implication that the OP is being inaccurate and untruthful with references to a previous similar thread. I am not sure where the evidence for the inaccuracy comes from as the OP seems to have been open with us including his reasons for using Indy 2 and not keeping the old parts.
Why do some have to try to distort these threads into personal attacks on other members ? If we stick to the facts we could continue to have useful debates on here for the benefit of all members ?

I agree with you 100% and Bigtwin has just been picked on,,,, there is much worse on some threads.

We will never hear the other side to the story as that indie is not a member, and probably not bothered in the slightest.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I am mightily confused with little care Kwik Fit, MB Main Agents MB themselves etc etc are regularly named on here and condemned or praised occasionally.
Trip Advisor, Amazon, Argos etc have pages of reviews on goods and services some good some terrible.
I find the PM system to be an underhand way of giving feedback as all Guildford based indies are now tinged with suspicion, that is plainly unfair.
Either delete the thread as the indie is not a member or make them aware and let them reply if they want too.
Underhand private whispering campaigns are not something an ethical person should engage in.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
This sort of thread is always going to be controversial. In my case, if I think a business in taking the P, then I just go somewhere else. Conducting a fair enquiry with detailed evidence presented by both sides is beyond the ability of an internet forum.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I don't expect clinical analysis, just who did what and when, not a private smear campaign that casts a wide and unfair shadow.

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Not really, there was physical evidence that in the first instance should definitely been presented to the original mechanic for inspection. Without this, its a case of he said she said etc.

More of a case of he said, he said, he said.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom