Not scientific but a nice surprise

Remenham

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a140
A small batch of 212s found m273 engines but they were very expensive new and the newer diesels give so much power these days that a lot see spending an extra £20k to get an even faster car that uses a lot of fuel relative to the diesels not very attractive.

Shame it's not offered. Choice is great.

I can see why people did not want to pay an extra £20k for a 5.5 petrol 212 over a 350cdi. At 60k plus you are outside the 212 price bracket.

Unfortunately it was the pricing that caused the model not to sell as by my calculation on 15000 miles a year and with the petrol averaging 25mpg at 134p litre and the diesel 35mpg at a 140p litre the petrol only costs an extra £928 pa to run which is peanuts in the context of capital cost and depreciation.

Mercedes must have decided for whatever reason they did not wish to sell many.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Absolutely!:lol::lol:

I had to go to to Tesco today, the only disabled place was opposite a standard bay, now there was a 221 in the standard bay with about a meter sticking out into the driving lane, by the time I had parked with well over 1 metre sticking out the lane was very narrow and people moaning. ;):D

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I can see why people did not want to pay an extra £20k for a 5.5 petrol 212 over a 350cdi. At 60k plus you are outside the 212 price bracket.

Unfortunately it was the pricing that caused the model not to sell as by my calculation on 15000 miles a year and with the petrol averaging 25mpg at 134p litre and the diesel 35mpg at a 140p litre the petrol only costs an extra £928 pa to run which is peanuts in the context of capital cost and depreciation.

Mercedes must have decided for whatever reason they did not wish to sell many.

£20k extra for two more cylinders 2500cc swept volume and turbo deletd does seem very steep...

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Today

I drove 7 miles to collect my mate from the MOT station 7 more miles to the driving range 3 miles to lunch and then 4 miles back to the MOT station and the 7 miles home. 23.5 MPG what else can I say. I won't mention the wire bundle in the road. AARRGGHH

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom