Not sure if this is normal.

kenobi

Reaction score
Website
www.htecelite.com
Your Mercedes
C200
On tick over with my foot on brake i feel a lil thud every second under my foot.

Also when ideling does the C class have a gentle rock or perhaps vibration?

Any help appreciated.

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
the foot thuds sound abs system related? sure someone will come along and tell if thats normal or not soon!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The only thing that is near the brake pedal is the vacuum,,as for the thud I do not know

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Hmm, I must check.
I'm pretty sure that my brake pedal used to have slight "heartbeat" when stopped, although I don't recollect it recently.
I've probably got used to it, but I had alw3ays assumed that it was the car precharging the brake assist.

CL500Wizard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500, 2 x Honda Prelude 2.2VTEC, Honda VFR400 (Bike) ... that's about enough, need to skim
have you checked the pads? if they are wearing low with old rust edged discs, this 'heartbeat' happens on ABS equipped cars. have you experienced a hard stop lately? if all looks ok, you may want to try one on a private road (disclaimer!!)

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Well I checked last night and indeed when I'm holding my car stationary, in drive, using the foot brake I can feel a small "heartbeat" every 2 seconds. It's not very noticeable and nowwhere near as big as the thudding when the ABS cuts in.

The car isn't moving anyway and I seem to remember that my previous E did the same, so have just assumed that it is normal.

The gentle rock or vibration at idle could be engine mounts. If worse in drive and stationary then I would say that they need replacement. Relatively easy DIY job. Personally I'd stick with genuine MB items as I have heard mixed reports about some of the pattern mounts.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I seem to remember a slight heartbeat on mine too (current one is SBC so a whole range of different interesting noises!).
As for idle rock/vibration, I'd start with a good service, new plugs and a new set of leads. These can work wonders for idle refinement as any weakness is amplified at low revs.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
That's true and giving her a good service never did any harm.

She'll love you for it.:lol:

Top Bottom