NOx sensor

Dirk 1

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 GLC 2.2 sport plus
I purchased my used GLC 10 weeks ago from a MB dealership. It only had done 7900 miles from new and within a week my engine diagnostic warning light came on. I also noticed that the Stop/Start function wasn't working either. The dealership informed me that the NOx sensor wanted replacing and that the Stop/Start function was linked to this. The new sensors were already on order so my car was booked in for 2 weeks time. The day before it was due to go in they rang to inform me the sensors still hadn't arrived so booked me in again for 2 weeks time. Same thing happened again, to be fair, the dealership couldn't apologise enough but could offer no definitive reason for their shortage.
In a bid to find out the reason I emailed MB asking them not to refer the problem back to the dealership but for them to give me an explanation. What do they do? ........ they refered the problem back to the dealership who had no idea when they would be available. I could still be in this position this time next year for all I know.
MB need to sort out their act, I wonder if they'll give me my money back as any other retailer would be expected to do when selling you faulty goods. I think I'll be looking at a Lexus for my next car.

Nicklas_Hidegard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V220 Vclass
As far as I'm aware there was a software update (emissions related) that caused the nox sensor to fail. There has been such a demand on them that there's a backlog built up. You shoud be OK driving the car anyway, won't cause any damage. The start/stop not working is a blessing in disguise.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom