• Land Rover Discovery
  • Range Rover Vogue
  • BMW X5
  • Range Rover Evoque
  • Mercedes-Benz E-Class
  • Land Rover Defender, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW X 6, Mercedes-Benz GL
  • Audi A4 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class
  • Mercedes-Benz GLC, BMW M3, Audi Q7
I had mentioned it as went through a phase of watching traffic cops. They mentioned Audis and it seemed that what they were always chasing.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I had mentioned it as went through a phase of watching traffic cops. They mentioned Audis and it seemed that what they were always chasing.
S3… Drug dealers car of choice…:oops:

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2012 Viano 3.0 CDi
When folks can't understand weird happenings with quotes I often say an insurance company is like a bookmakers. Not in an insulting way but just that they literally balance the books... liability vs income. And I've just had the strangest example of that.

My own comp policy is with a major company and the Viano is £230 a year for self and Mrs D.

Sadly daughter has a medical condition that stopped her driving her car 3yrs ago and we've stored it for her over that time. Now with no prospect of driving for another year she wishes to get it MOT'd, a bit of use to prove it's all good and then sell. So I've added her Honda Jazz to my policy as an additional vehicle for one month.

The extra cost... well actually a £30-05 refund on my policy. That's a first to get on the winning side for once.

A.J.

Reaction score
Suffolk by the Sea, UK. Soon to be Norwich
Your Mercedes
2017 C200 2.0Ltr (P) ///AMG Line, Premium, 4dr. 9G. Brilliant Blue with Porcelain trim
When folks can't understand weird happenings with quotes I often say an insurance company is like a bookmakers. Not in an insulting way but just that they literally balance the books... liability vs income. And I've just had the strangest example of that.

My own comp policy is with a major company and the Viano is £230 a year for self and Mrs D.

Sadly daughter has a medical condition that stopped her driving her car 3yrs ago and we've stored it for her over that time. Now with no prospect of driving for another year she wishes to get it MOT'd, a bit of use to prove it's all good and then sell. So I've added her Honda Jazz to my policy as an additional vehicle for one month.

The extra cost... well actually a £30-05 refund on my policy. That's a first to get on the winning side for once.
That is literally what they are !! :)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 CLA 35 Premium
In preparation for my renewal figure from my current insurer I always check prices first on the comparison sites so that I know what is out there and use it as a bargaining tool if necessary.
I have just received my renewal quote from Aviva and am astonished to find that is is £40 less than I paid last year. o_O
To make it even better the cheapest equivalent quote I found on the comparison sites is almost £100 more.
I will definitely be staying with Aviva this year. :cool:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 C200 2.0Ltr (P) ///AMG Line, Premium, 4dr. 9G. Brilliant Blue with Porcelain trim
I have just had a renewal notice from LVE. Last year’s premium was £295, the renewal quote is £355 !. Comparethemaket came up with More Than at £283. Spoke to LVE and they didn’t respond favourably at all so it’s More Than for this coming year :rolleyes::)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have just had a renewal notice from LVE. Last year’s premium was £295, the renewal quote is £355 !. Comparethemaket came up with More Than at £283. Spoke to LVE and they didn’t respond favourably at all so it’s More Than for this coming year :rolleyes::)
Update..........

I tried to complete the quote from More Than on line (Comparethemarket) and it was pretty much impossible. I then rang More Than in order to pay them. The lady at More Than told me she could not find the £283 quote even though the quote said it was valid until the 9th June. :rolleyes:

OK I said lets start afresh and see where we go. After spending a good 1/2 hour answering all of the questions fired at me she then quoted a figure of £706 !!! How come the quote on Comparethemarket was £283 and now you are telling me it is £706 I ask. All she could say was that in accordance with the information I had given her £706 was the best they could do, conversation terminated there and then :shock:

I then contacted my previous insurer LVE, quoted my policy number and asked what was the best they could do bearing in mind that the renewal quote was £60 mare than last years premium and I hadn't cost them a single penny in claims against them. Best they could do was £305, just £10 more that last year. OK we will go ahead with that, they already had my card details on file so job done. Less than five minutes on the phone, simples :)

Last edited:

Online parts website for Mercedes:www.partsformercedes-benz.com
Parts for Mercedes-Benz provides a wide choice of OEM (Original Mercedes), quality aftermarket and performance mercedes parts at competitive prices. Our clear, easy to use online store takes the headache out of having to search for that part or accessory you need, with a service that is second to none.
Top Bottom