Odering Help

Craig Berrido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking to Order
Hi all,

I am looking to try and order a new car and am being told I wont get a factory slot due to the driver assistance pack being specified until around April 2021. currently its a CLA 250e Shooting Brake Premium Line Plus I'm looking at.

Welcome anyone's thoughts on this as I used to work for VW and know there can be delays, but this seems a long time considering I started this in November 2020 and delay then was due to Brexit (I am in the UK).

thanks

Craig

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

3 months isn't that long in car ordering terms... They're still getting used to the new paperywerk and also the 'Rona and how that's effecting just about everything. in 2016 my W213 should have been ready for March - it arrived in July...

OP
C

Craig Berrido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking to Order
Hello and welcome,

3 months isn't that long in car ordering terms... They're still getting used to the new paperywerk and also the 'Rona and how that's effecting just about everything. in 2016 my W213 should have been ready for March - it arrived in July...

Thanks Blobcat. I agree, having worked in the industry its not that long. I am just trying to get a feel for if I changed model would it help or is it the D/A pack regardless meaning they can't get a build slot released. I have not come across dealers not having allocation for what I think is a "normal" car for over 4 months. I have seen it with GTi's and R models, just not the standard stuff and not had a Mercedes before so a little in the dark.

Don't get me started on the standard 'Rona excuse for everything being delayed or generally rubbish lol :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Thanks Blobcat. I agree, having worked in the industry its not that long. I am just trying to get a feel for if I changed model would it help or is it the D/A pack regardless meaning they can't get a build slot released. I have not come across dealers not having allocation for what I think is a "normal" car for over 4 months. I have seen it with GTi's and R models, just not the standard stuff and not had a Mercedes before so a little in the dark.

Don't get me started on the standard 'Rona excuse for everything being delayed or generally rubbish lol :)
It's an excuse for companies to delay and increase the costs...
They'll be making standard for stock, any additions will upset their delicate system unfortunately. Although I did a special order with another German manufacturer in December and mine has just arrived in the country :cool:

OP
C

Craig Berrido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking to Order
It's an excuse for companies to delay and increase the costs...
They'll be making standard for stock, any additions will upset their delicate system unfortunately. Although I did a special order with another German manufacturer in December and mine has just arrived in the country :cool:
agreed on the delays and increased costs.

thanks for the advice, looks like I either have to suck it up or look for something else in the interim.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
agreed on the delays and increased costs.

thanks for the advice, looks like I either have to suck it up or look for something else in the interim.
Always nice to have a new car as the weather improves (assuming it will, no guarantees this year...;))

OP
C

Craig Berrido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking to Order
Always nice to have a new car as the weather improves (assuming it will, no guarantees this year...;))
haha well the weather can't be worse than everything else.....i hope :)

Madtutle3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A250 / 2021
OP
C

Craig Berrido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking to Order

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
And we are feeling the affects at after sales end too. Control modules that aren't available for direct supply are taking weeks sometimes months to arrive.

Its not the car makers fault.

OP
C

Craig Berrido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking to Order
And we are feeling the affects at after sales end too. Control modules that aren't available for direct supply are taking weeks sometimes months to arrive.

Its not the car makers fault.
Hi Steve,

I don’t suspect it is, having worked in the trade I get it can happen, but like I’ve said I was trying to see if it was model specific or extra specific which may help me make a more informed decision of to sit tight or change. Looks like I’ll probably sit tight as it seems it’s more the DA pack option that is holding it up so why compromise for a month or so when you’ll have the car for years.

DB autos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sls in my dreams
I’m still waiting for part that’s been on back order since last June still haven’t got a date yet I remember starting at Mercedes late 80s early 90s and there was over a year waiting for some models then and you had to pay up front

Top Bottom