Oil additive products claim to stop leaks

Dexter

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with the chemical product that you add to your oil to revitalise worn seals and gaskets (broken seals accepted). It sounds barmy but at £6 a treatment as compared to £1k for a strip down for a mild non essential leak i figured its worth a go.

Blurb says it can be use with all oil types for all engines but should I trust it?

Good and bad experiences welcomed.

Mister Millions

Reaction score
I used a tin hoping it would stop a slightly smoking engine (valve stems maybe needed softening)... I didn't work.. oh well life carries on.. On the plus side it didn't damage the engine.

MondeoMan

Reaction score
The stuff is supposed to make seals swell, but I've heard that it doesn't last long and could possibly cause oil starvation. I'd use it if I was trying to flog the car though...

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
I did try some of this in one of my old cars to cure leaky valve seals and it lasted about 50 miles before it started smoking again. Its only good for selling your car on!(if your that way inclined!!!!)

Stu

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom