Oil Level 'Observe Waiting Period'

Kaiman

Reaction score
I can't get an oil reading on my C180 (03). Only had the car a few weeks, I have never seen it working. I have switched off the engine, left it for over 5 minutes and still it shows up with the 'Observe waiting period' display.

What am I doing wrong or is it a common fault.

Thanks in advance

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I'm sure that others will pipe in.

I've never come across this fault before.

Are you removing the keys from the ignition before waiting? Certainly on my E class that's what I need to do.

Ultimately I'll admit that I prefer to manually check, at least that way it keeps the bonnet release working.

David Nock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2009/320CDI
I've read this in my CLK book somewhere. It's not a fault, the waiting time is 30 mins. Presumably to ensure full drain down of circulating oil in galleries of the engine etc.
No manual dipping on W 209. So have to follow the electronic route.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I've read this in my CLK book somewhere. It's not a fault, the waiting time is 30 mins. Presumably to ensure full drain down of circulating oil in galleries of the engine etc.
No manual dipping on W 209. So have to follow the electronic route.

The engine should be switched off for at least five minutes if the engine was at normal operating temperature

The engine should be switched off for at least 30 minutes if the engine was not at operating temperature (if you only started the engine briefly)

Russ

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom