ON OFF LIGHT ON INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

noodlz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c240 sport auto
hi all,one of the illumination lights on my instrument cluster is not working,tap the top of the dash an it comes on,loose connection obviously.but am i able to get to the wires from undernieth or does the instrument cluster have to be removed.and i dont mean one of the actual warning lights,just mean the general panel lighting.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you have the speedo zero knob that does the dimming the chances are the end of the pot has come unsoldered, and yes the cluster has to come out.

It could be the plugs loose where they plug into the cluster, if you have small hands you may be able to feel the connectors

Last edited:
OP
noodlz

noodlz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c240 sport auto
thank

speedo knob,what is this, have a dimming dile, is that what you mean,so i can get my hands to the back of cluster to check wires, is cluster easy to remove
:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have just read your earlier post and see it is a 202 year about 2000

So you have the dial, it could be that..

By removing the kick panel below the dash it should be possible to push the cluster out from behind, or you buy the hooks to pull it out.

just a tight fit and no screws

ChrisBrown

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 163.113 and SLK230 2000 (pre facelift)
I have just read your earlier post and see it is a 202 year about 2000

So you have the dial, it could be that..

By removing the kick panel below the dash it should be possible to push the cluster out from behind, or you buy the hooks to pull it out.

just a tight fit and no screws

Just wanted to say thanks, never got the owners manual with my car and I have always had dim dash lights, found I also have the dimmer! doh. Many Thanks Television.

Top Bottom