Optical cable for Audio 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimmoTech

Reaction score
I have just had the CD changer taken out of my E320Cdi (which had an Audio 10 RDS head unit) and wanted to put it into my wife's C220CDI coupe (which has an Audio 10 CD)

The original optical cable was apparently 'built into the wiring loom' and so couldn't be transferred and the dealer couldn't get through to the parts department at the local Mercedes garage.

Since I've found that the Merc garage is completely useless anyway I though I'd ask here.

1) Are the Audio-10 CD and the older CD changer compatible?
2) Where can I a buy a cable for it?

Thanks for any advice.
Cheers
Simon

Arnie

Reaction score
I think that there are two versions of the CD changer. One only works with the optical D2B cable+ electrical "wake-up" and the other version is all electrically connected. The Audio-10 CD head can work with either. The Audio-10 CD is actually made by Matsushita (Panasonic), if it starts with a MF serial number, as yours probably does.

The best route to get an optical cable is through your dealer's parts dept, as it will then be the correct length for the car. Otherwise you can try a reputable ICE dealer.

eg: http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/cdforoe/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom