Out, out, dreadful flat spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric Court

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum. I have a lovely 1969 W114 230/8. Problem is, in all gears I have a flat spot from 1600-2600 rpm. When I stomp on it, the problem lurches into the background, but when I accelerate slowly the car bucks like a horse with an ocellation of about one quarter of a second. I suspect an ignition problem, and I have changed out the plugs, points and condensor. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should check next and how. I'd rather not replace most of the car moving from part to part, so any help on locating the problem would be super.

Many thanks from a Yank. I turn to you Brits since in my view you in the UK are the most sporting motoring folks on earth; you'll drive (and race) anything! I am a great fan of your cars, and your love for all cars (and it seems that all the US MBZ clubs are about some guy's new AMG 65 or something, and while I think they are neat, the snobbery is not).

Ric Court
New Haven CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom