Outside Mirror Reflection

Beemer2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250 petrol W212
The outer air vent bars on my 2011 E250 W212 Blue-Efficiency Sport are silver coloured. The result is that in daylight they are always clearly visible as a strong reflection in the outside mirrors.

This reflection is most pronounced in the driver's mirror. When I place my hand over the vent the reflection disappears. The safety view both visually and psychologically is then much improved.

In my opinion this is a safety issue and one that that M-B should never have designed-in.

I'll post a photograph of the effect tomorrow as it is too dark to do so just now.

Last edited:

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Might be worth bringing it to MB's attention as well?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom