P1CE2-00 ECO Stop/Start Code

dflambe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Coupe 2012
Hi, My ECO Stop/Start is not functioning correctly. It will "stop" but does not restart. Have fitted a new main AGM battery as the old one was knackered. The small auxillary battery is reading 13.37v so is probably okay too.

This is the error message:
"P1CE2-00 Error: The ECO Start/Stop function has detected excessively low engine speed. There is A General Failure.-Prnding, Stored"

I want to disable the stop/start function altogether and have seen videos and stuff about disconnecting the Auxillary Battery Completely. I have tried it and the ECO light does indeed go off on the dash.

Is this safe to do? What other modules/systems does it control? If I disconnect the Auxillary what will happen??????

Attachments

• 20230325_104253.jpg
    20230325_104253.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 3
OP
D

dflambe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Coupe 2012
I’d just turn it off at each start-up probably a software issue
Agreed, there is that option but I keep forgetting and then it cuts out at the most inopportune moments. Then being an Automatic I have to shift to park turn off the ignition, restart, back to drive and away!! A real pain when someone is letting you go at a junction. :)

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Agreed, there is that option but I keep forgetting and then it cuts out at the most inopportune moments. Then being an Automatic I have to shift to park turn off the ignition, restart, back to drive and away!! A real pain when someone is letting you go at a junction. :)
Yep! I know, I forgot to turn it off twice today and my S/S is active within a couple of miles unfortunately

This confirms it’s an ECU problem:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
the fix is to flash the car with later engine ECU software on the W222 and the 166 - but I expect its the same on other models likely they just hadn't spotted it by then

should be FREE at main dealer - but be wary, they don't play games

other similar fun on other models recalled in 2019 within a country where they get some "rights"

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    150.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.pdf
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
circa 90% of faults on modern cars are down to software - we knew how to stop them rusting in 2000, and how to make the reliable by 2010, and yet "somehow" they let us down more and more often....

OP
D

dflambe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Coupe 2012
Thanks for all the info guys. I will certainly be putting this notice under the nose of the main dealer when I'm with him next month.

About my original question on disconnecting the Auxillary Battery completely. Can anybody offer any insight as to what it actually does and can it be done without?

What other modules/systems does it control? If I disconnect the Auxillary what will happen??????

OP
D

dflambe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Coupe 2012
@Botus Hello again, To come back to you all with the conclusion to this problem. Had the car in with the main dealer today. In short a software update to the engine system cleared all the problems and now everything works as it should.

As a by note, something discovered when the software was updated was that the car had been previously re-mapped to remove the DPF filter. A sure sign that there was a costly repair needed to probably replace the DPF filter. When it was re-mapped the DPF was probably drill out or removed.
With Mercedes updating the software I'm left with the engine light permanently on. As I'm not going to spend 1000's on a new filter my only option will be to have it remapped again to knock the light off so I can pass the NCT (MOT) test.

On a brighter note the main dealer did not charge me for the software updates!!!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
The former I hope, probably a good idea to talk to MB
Be real careful about mb update. My understanding is YOU can't choose ur update all gets updated, except ur sat nav(u must pay more for that) and many have had issues appear after updates. Nor all, but many. 4 me pushing ss off at entry to vehicle is as automatic as belts

Last edited:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
the law now makes it very clear if there is no proof showing a DPF was opened up for legitimate reason (whatever that is), any vandal marks is an instant MOT failure

re your car I'm now concerned you need to know the real status - wouldn't trust a main dealer to do or say much that makes sense - I do think always having the last viable engine map is essential - that all should do because you need to remove so much of the criminality that was uncovered with manus up to no good, including merc, when the epa and eu investigated dieselgate so thoroughly - they have all filled ECUs with so many errors, bugs, cheats, lies and time related fake faults the manus can no longer remember how the cars could even start, let alone run correctly - the more you have removed before you tune it up or go on a long drive the better...

I can't fathom people who want to keep 4 known illegalities on their mercedes (two of which were designed to steal money from the owner to the tune of 500 to 2000 gbp) -it will trip them up, likely cause them those huge costs and almost certainly land them a breakdown - why wouldn't you take a new better map that also happens to make the emissions less deadly?

Last edited:

Ctgmay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
@Botus Hello again, To come back to you all with the conclusion to this problem. Had the car in with the main dealer today. In short a software update to the engine system cleared all the problems and now everything works as it should.

As a by note, something discovered when the software was updated was that the car had been previously re-mapped to remove the DPF filter. A sure sign that there was a costly repair needed to probably replace the DPF filter. When it was re-mapped the DPF was probably drill out or removed.
With Mercedes updating the software I'm left with the engine light permanently on. As I'm not going to spend 1000's on a new filter my only option will be to have it remapped again to knock the light off so I can pass the NCT (MOT) test.

On a brighter note the main dealer did not charge me for the software updates!!!
Hi mate do you have Mercedes cover? I’m having the same issue as you and scared about what they may charge to do the update.. I know it’s £180 just to plug the car in but I already know the fault

Ctgmay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
the fix is to flash the car with later engine ECU software on the W222 and the 166 - but I expect its the same on other models likely they just hadn't spotted it by then

should be FREE at main dealer - but be wary, they don't play games

other similar fun on other models recalled in 2019 within a country where they get some "rights"
I’m having the same issue… I’m in the U.K. how should I approach/go about getting this update from the main dealer for free? Thanks

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom