P244a fault code

travis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Sport Estate, 2009
Due to the current pandemic situation, we have only used our C220 for short journeys recently.
The EML has appeared and the code reader gives me the P244a fault.
I'm assuming the DPF is at fault and hasn't had chance to regenerate.
I reset the error code and the EML goes out until what seems to be a certain throttle position.
I can drive gently around 30mph zones without the light coming back on but as soon as I accelerate hard the light comes on again and it won't rev above 3000rpm.
I took it for a decent run around 60mph keeping the revs around 2500 but the error code still keeps coming back when reset.
I suspect the DPF won't regenerate if the EML is on but not sure I can get it to regenerate without the light coming back on.
Is a forced regeneration the only solution with Star?

Gusset60

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi Blue efficiency .Amg sport estate
Hi travis. Having same issues. Be interested if any other member can come up with a solution.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Hi travis. Having same issues. Be interested if any other member can come up with a solution.
Please tell me the code of your engine. The mileage may be a help as well in the diagnosis.
What is the outside temp when you use the car.?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Icarsoft MBII can force a regen

OP
T

travis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Sport Estate, 2009
Dpf pressure sensor ?
One of my DPF pressure sensors was replaced and the dpf cleaned. All is well but I think the problem is likely to return if we can't go for an occasional blast down the motorway sometime soon.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One of my DPF pressure sensors was replaced and the dpf cleaned. All is well but I think the problem is likely to return if we can't go for an occasional blast down the motorway sometime soon.

Has it more than 1 ??

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was lead to believe it has one at the inlet to the dpf and one at the outlet so it can monitor the difference.
I think you'll find 1 on the drivers side bulk head doing exactly that .

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom