Panoramic roof lining

Ramrod007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk250cdi/2014/2.1
Hi

Just bought a 2014 SLK with panoramic roof.

Now the weather is turning The roof is UP ! I have a glass roof with a linning... however it looks like there are 2 handles (x1 Driver side x 1 Passenger side). Does this mean I can remove the linning ??
..if I can ... do I store it ..in the boot or garage ???

Nothing in the Handbook !
Hate to pull on these things and ruin my new car !!

Any advise/knowledge of this would be welcome.

Thank you.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The "standard" car comes with a glass roof and a "normal" (ie. solid) headlining. The panoramic roof optioned cars had a different headliner with an aperture cut in it.

You can change the interior trim and make it a panoramic roof. Here is the part number:
Panoramic headliner - A172 790 00 45 9H23
You'll also need 3 clips and 7 fasteners (sorry no part numbers).

The other option was "Magic Sky" where the roof could be lightened and darkened at the touch of a button but as you have a headlining you won't have that.

OP
Ramrod007

Ramrod007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk250cdi/2014/2.1
The "standard" car comes with a glass roof and a "normal" (ie. solid) headlining. The panoramic roof optioned cars had a different headliner with an aperture cut in it.

You can change the interior trim and make it a panoramic roof. Here is the part number:
Panoramic headliner - A172 790 00 45 9H23
You'll also need 3 clips and 7 fasteners (sorry no part numbers).

The other option was "Magic Sky" where the roof could be lightened and darkened at the touch of a button but as you have a headlining you won't have that.

Thank you for the information...... Though I am still wondering why my roof panel has 2 inserts(hand holes) with what seems like a cable which I could possible pull on ?? I thought maybe just pulling these would drop the panel out and reveal the glass roof.
Not so then ?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom