Parking Brake: Front Park Cable Replacement

mfrenette

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 B200 W245
Hi. I have a 2011 B200. I was parking on a very steep hill, and pulled up on the emergency brake too hard and the cable snapped. The mechanic I was using at the time said to order a Front Park Cable, so I sourced it on eBay and it arrived recently.

Any tips on how to replace it? It looks like one cable, so I assume it must connect to some sort of device that has a cable to the shoes in the disc brake assemblies on both wheels?

Thanks,
Mike

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
If you are adamant to diy then find the existing cable and its routing and take it fron there with the new cable.
Whats your machanic doing now?
Have you a merc indy nearby.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom