parking etiquette

BarryF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
320 cdi avantgarde estate
Where are the clampers when they are really needed ?
Barry:lol:

mandrake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 c250 d
there all idiots ,especialy the ferrari driver parking like that .all it needs is some big hairy ar*ed trucker thats had a bad day to see it, and the owner of the overpriced airfix kit could say bye bye to the back end of his car .

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Another chip on the shoulder web site. Would they show a pic of a Corsa parked across two spaces etc?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Another chip on the shoulder web site. Would they show a pic of a Corsa parked across two spaces etc?
Most show cars parked in nearly empty carparks. The one of the RR parked at an angle is also unfair, I don't think it would have fitted if parked straight.

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
There's no excuse for pinching a disabled parking space - unless of course you're disabled - and thoughtless parking is always annoying, whether it's a Rolls or a Rio.

Our local Sainsbury's features particularly narrow spaces, although plenty of them. There's an Aston Martin that's regularly parked - very tidily - exactly straddling the line between two bays. He always does this in a remote corner of the carpark which is rarely used by other drivers. Obviously he's trying to pre-empt the well known 'cosying-up' driver who will always seek out the one car in an otherwise empty park and then park next to it. As the collector of several 'next-door' dings, I can't say I blame him.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well if I park in my SL in a supermarket car park I cannot get out of the car neither can my passenger and the people on either side could not get in theirs with their door against my car

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.

and I bet you never see two considerate Corsa's nearly filling one space.

You can see some of them are arrogant gits but most are parking to protect their cars. Car parks are maximising revenues at our expense.

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
There's no excuse for pinching a disabled parking space - unless of course you're disabled - and thoughtless parking is always annoying, whether it's a Rolls or a Rio.

Our local Sainsbury's features particularly narrow spaces, although plenty of them. There's an Aston Martin that's regularly parked - very tidily - exactly straddling the line between two bays. He always does this in a remote corner of the carpark which is rarely used by other drivers. Obviously he's trying to pre-empt the well known 'cosying-up' driver who will always seek out the one car in an otherwise empty park and then park next to it. As the collector of several 'next-door' dings, I can't say I blame him.

I tend towards the Aston's choice of parking method if there is clearly an abundance of unused parking. I always opt for the ''longest walk'' and the end bay(s) if possible so that it would be impossible for another car to obstruct the opening of my driver's door. Never in a supermarket car park because as you will appreciate I have staff for that sort of thing and staff do not get to use my SL.

Mic

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
My neighbour parked her car half on and half off the pavement regularly, just after she moved into her house.
Pushchair and mobility scooters struggled to get past.

One morning she came out to a deep, car length screwdriver (or the like) scratch.

She never did it again.

All of those parking examples using the disabled bays are disgraceful.

I don't like to park my car in tight carparks but I'd not resort to that.

Look at the Ferrari plate - he's a nob, so expect nothing less.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Never in a supermarket car park because as you will appreciate I have staff for that sort of thing and staff do not get to use my SL.

Mic

I realized you have a sports model - but I thought you meant the car? :rolleyes:

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
I don't blame any of them and would park the same way myself (apart from the disabled space).

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Todays car parking spaces are too small, and cars are getting bigger, if you think how big a fiesta is now considering what they used to be. I park away from other cars (never in a disabled) and if needs be buy 2 tickets, even then you'll get someone park next to you. Just last month my partners car got reverse into (front wing) in a car park. The lambo might have had a child with him and looks like the ferrari had broke down because its not even in a space. I used to use child spaces when i had my small kids with me, just because its a sports car it shouldn't stop me from using them legitimately. :)

Last edited:
OP
carnut13

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Keep them coming....I just knew this would be a good one with predictable answers (in the main:rolleyes:)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am going to apply for a disabled card for Lilian, if you cant beat them, join them :D:D

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I am going to apply for a disabled card for Lilian, if you cant beat them, join them :D:D

If a couple can get two disabled badges are they ok to use two spaces with their one car ??:Oops:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If a couple can get two disabled badges are they ok to use two spaces with their one car ??:Oops:

I will let you know in 15 years time;)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom