parking etiquette

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
We need to get back to door mouldings to protect our cars.

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
Just out of interest both myself and my wife have disabled cards, I have had mine since 1996 both on the continent and here in the UK. Some years ago in Holland I went to Schiphol (Amsterdam) airport, the arrivals is on the ground floor and the road outside had been split into two lanes either side of a pavement for people picking up (20 minutes) at both ends of the parking are two sets of disabled bays and a maximum of 1 hour parking. So in total 8 bays 4 at each end. As I arrived the car in front of me took a disabled bay and didn't display a card so I dropped my window and asked him what the fu*k he was doing. he said shut the fu*c up and no hard feelings. Okay so I drove 50 yards to find a parkie, explained what had happened, she told me to park anywhere along here just display the card and I would be okay. So I parked up displayed my card and walked into the airport. Just as I was going in I saw the twat coming out with his wife and two daughters they were wearing (winter) sombreros and shorts and T shirts, clearly been away for some sun.
They had two trolleys piled up with about 5 suitcases and bags, I went and got my kids, on the way out I saw the bloke arguing with the parkie at the same time his car had been lifted and placed on the back of a recovery waggon and it was now raining. I put the kids and their luggage in the car but just before I got in I whistled the dude. When he looked at me I shouted "NO HARD FEELING HEH" I got the finger which I thought was okay.

He on the other hand had the indignity of watching his car being lifted and towed, fine for parking in a disabled bay in Holland at the time in pounds £300.00 plus the tow fee about £80.00, but he had to travel right across Amsterdam to get his car back and his wife now very wet was giving him well thought out words, so I guess he had to take a taxi with all of them across Amsterdam about £30.00 then pay the fine for illegal parking and the tow charge and a minimum of 1 days storage before he got his car back.

I have always wondered if he ever did that again?

Oh and I do it here too, I have locked in a guy back end on (tow hook) and called the police twice now, they don't like me. :lol:

Last edited:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
People are strange, I have been iller than most and walking to anywhere would have been wonderful and seeing to do it would have been even better but I would take no pleasure in the above.

drdel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 e class 350 cdi est
Be very careful when jumping to conclusions, owning an expensive car doesn't automatically make everyone a b--t--d!!

My lady was unlucky enough to break bones in both feet - we couldn't get a disabled badge because of the 'temporary' nature - so I did on occasions park in 'disabled' bays and I made a point I told the stores that I had done so one of the cars could have been mine but you wouldn't know the background !!!

You could always buy your groceries on-line and get them delivered :lol:

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
People are strange, I have been iller than most and walking to anywhere would have been wonderful and seeing to do it would have been even better but I would take no pleasure in the above.

well said , maybe the poor chap was sick of the disability badge abuse. the way some supermarket parking is laid out youd think half the country was disabled

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I believe abuse is being controlled but still I see many people who are fitter than me climbing into their 4 wheel drives or "bringing granny with her blue badge" then leaving her in the car, abuse is rife.
When it is strictly controlled it will bring better compliance with the scheme.

R W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 E320cdi/ Sclass 2012 350cdi
Sorry to add to an old thread but I needed somewhere to vent my anger.
Today I reversed my car into a parking bay,( a pillar at one side so at least possibly a 50% less chance of a ding.) I also parked as close as possible to the pillar giving me as much space as possible to open my door & prevent a ding.
Returned 2hrs later to find a 4x4 reversed in next to me & about 6ins from the side of my car. He was straddling the lane marking my space, & so giving himself about a meter & a half to open his door & get out.
I could not open the passenger side door as it was close to the pillar, fortunately one of the car park attendants was a very small guy & was able to squeeze into my car through the small space.
How can people be so ignorant, arrogant & selfish?
Rant over.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom