Parrot hands free mobile phone kit ck3200

ridway

Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone fitted, or had fitted, the CK3200 Parrot hands free mobile telephone car kit?

I hope to fit one next week to a new Vito which has the Sound 20 radio system fitted. Does anyone know if this is a straight foward job? Have the Mercedes got standard ISO connectors for the speaker connections and supply connections or will I have to start hacking at the wires behind the dash rather than just plug the unit in?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has already had a go at this.

Rich

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hi
Has anyone fitted, or had fitted, the CK3200 Parrot hands free mobile telephone car kit?

I hope to fit one next week to a new Vito which has the Sound 20 radio system fitted. Does anyone know if this is a straight foward job? Have the Mercedes got standard ISO connectors for the speaker connections and supply connections or will I have to start hacking at the wires behind the dash rather than just plug the unit in?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has already had a go at this.

Rich

The Mercedes does have standard ISO connections for the speakers and the power connections.

Banjo

Reaction score
I fitted a CK3100 in my SL which is connected to my MB Audio 30 APS, it is excellent. I have also fitted same to a few other cars.

If your vito has standard ISO connectors for the audio unit (which it should have if it is new) then the Parrot should plug & play no problem (there might be some conflict if the wiring is fibre-optic).

However from my experience, the hard part is locating & fixing the Parrot 'black box' in a convienient place. I would suggest behind the glove compartment as these can be removed on most vehicles relatively easily, also I find that Velcro or cable ties (available from Maplins) to be the easiest way to hold the unit rather than trying to screw it down somewhere.

A few other suggestions. Before you launch into the installation, plan out what you are going to do - take a step-by-step approach to the process. e.g.

1. Where are you going to locate the box?

2. Access to the back of the audio unit from this location for the bulk of wiring. Will the wiring sit easily? not always!

3. Locating the mike - up in the centre is usually easiest/best, but figure out how you are going to feed the wire through the headlining and down the A-pillar. Enter straightened coat hanger!

4. Locating & fixing the display - where are you going to locate the display unit? consider, especially if you are going to sell the vehicle on after a while,
a) how will you fix to this location without butchering the dash.
b) how you will feed the display panel/connector through the dash to the black box without butchering the dash. Suggestion: look for a dash trim panel that is easily removable and will allow the display unit to feed through from behind once removed, at the same time consider if you had to replace this trim, would it cost no more than a few pounds? (radio surround?) and so if you drilled through it, to allow just the connector wire to subsequently slide through would it matter? Another solution is to use a dedicated MB mobile phone holder to fix the display to, so you are not fixing to the dash directly.
c) Is the display in its desired location easily accessible by hand/eye?

Some useful tools: cable ties (small), velco, black tape, screwdrivers (philips/star, flat and torqs), Small socket set (inc torqs screwdrivers), trim removal tools (plastic), radio removal pins, drill & small drill bits, coat hanger, pliers, sidecutters and some peace & quiet to get on with the job!

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

OP
R

ridway

Reaction score
Banjo

Thank you for the detailed and comprehensive reply. I look forward to the results that you had which I am sure was enhanced by what sounds like a very profesional installation.

Rich

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom