Passenger door handle fault. ?

CLIFF SMITHSON

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230 Convertable. 2.3 litres
Hi,
Can anybody give me advice on the degree of difficulty removing the door handle off my 2013 250E convertible. It seems to have become disconnected inside the door, when l looked at some You Tube videos it talks about removing the inner door skin which requires the drilling of the retaining rivets and also removing the window. I’ve only had the car eight weeks so my knowledge on this model is extremely limited. Thanks.

OP
C

CLIFF SMITHSON

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230 Convertable. 2.3 litres
Hi,
I think l’ve solved the issue, on the 250E Cabriolet W207 outer door handle removal. There’s a chrome plate on the edge of the door held in place by three screws. With this removed the torox screw holding the handle in place can be accessed. With the screw removed the outer part of the handle can be removed allowing the main section of the handle to be moved back and lifted out. Refitting is a bit more tricky, using a piece of welding wire, the inner part of the linkage has to be lifted and the new handle slotted into place. The welding wire can now be lowered back into the door and unhooked. The rear section is now refitted and the screw tightened.
The eighth of an inch welding wire which is bent and twisted in several different directions is now for sale on eBay as a Mercedes dealership service tool at £100 + vat.

Top Bottom