PCN in an area with no visible restrictions...

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Actually one can freely ignore a council issued parking ticket. The council has no powers to impose a fine for parking on public property and no powers to collect such a fine. They rely on fear & intimidation to collect the fines...

Interesting.. have you got any reference material to back this up. I would politely doubt the statement.

Since we were last here, i've now collected another. Went to a coffee shop and parked in Lidl, I bought something but went over time as I lost track. Shameful.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Interesting.. have you got any reference material to back this up. I would politely doubt the statement.

Since we were last here, i've now collected another. Went to a coffee shop and parked in Lidl, I bought something but went over time as I lost track. Shameful.

You criminal repeat offender, to the gallows ;):D:D

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)

I should sell the car - sounds like it's going to be too expensive to run with all these fines ;)

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I should sell the car - sounds like it's going to be too expensive to run with all these fines ;)

For sure.. I sure do rack them up. ****** London though, no escape. I have previously been manned by camera operators..pulled in to let me dad out (<60seconds), boom! PCN! >.<

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It is long and detailed but the reality is unless you wade through stuff like this you are under prepared.

I have had many many legal spats at all levels from grumpy letters to Court of appeal hearings and the recurring theme is you can never over prepare.

Until you have been legally eviscerated by a good QC you really can't explain it.

Unfortunately the tinternet is full of google lawyers who pull headlines without detail.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
There's an article on the BeeB website today - says councils will be squeezing £1 Billion out of motorists this year (in parking fees and penalties).

It's really pretty shameful how the motoris is regarded as the sacrificial cash cow.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Every one not at the extremes is a cash cow.

Go on the social,ride a bike its all pretty fine sat in your state housing as long as you have some "little" earners and your well.

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You have passed a so called "gateway sign" read this;

https://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/docs/Coventry RPZ decision.pdf

And I have 30 pence of insurance in case its wrong for you.

Very interesting.. thanks for the link. So it looks like all those PCNs were cancelled because there wasn't blatant signage informing the motorists of restrictions.

I will keep that in mind. Let's see how it goes.

In my letter to the council I have said their parking restriction and signage is opportunistic and would content that "revenues" from such enforcement is higher than similar areas with more visible signage, like where I live, for example.

I might do an FOI on both zones and see how the revenue from penalties compares...

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Very interesting.. thanks for the link. So it looks like all those PCNs were cancelled because there wasn't blatant signage informing the motorists of restrictions.

I will keep that in mind. Let's see how it goes.

In my letter to the council I have said their parking restriction and signage is opportunistic and would content that "revenues" from such enforcement is higher than similar areas with more visible signage, like where I live, for example.

I might do an FOI on both zones and see how the revenue from penalties compares...

I hope you haven't sent it, they are not interested politics or opinion just the law and it is on that you will overturn it.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As FS says, councils just use the law to gain a "nice little earner" and have no sympathy for the people who voted them into their positions - unless and until the general public reaction becomes a bit stormy which means they have to do something about it.

Sadly there are some councils, certainly some councillors who seem to have a secondary agenda of "flog the cash cow" - they don't care one iota about the driver needing his car to get to work/earn a living etc!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I didn't have time previously and I've just read the excellent Adjudicator's report. My first tongue in cheek comment is that she is far too good for the job and like LK I love the last couple of paragraphs. The sad thing is the way in which a few "jobsworths" decided to set or at best, interpret their own rules and (see page 13 of the report) they were able to use this incorrect authority to clobber 58,356 people with PCNs. I am surprised that none of the red topped dailies picked this up for a "stop this thieving council" (or similar) campaign...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom