Picked up the Mercedes-Benz A169. But?

Mike-Carter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169
IMG_20200520_213059.jpg IMG_20200520_213106.jpg Went over the pennines yesterday and picked up the A-Class. Done all the paperwork and drove home.

The drive home was compliant, quiet if not rewarding and acceleration was a tad better than my Mirage, however, I dunno who designed the interior, particularly the handbrake lever, never a problem in any other car I've owned but it seems you need to stretch back unnaturally to use the damned thing. needs Clint Eastwoods Clyde the orangutan.
I guess I'll get accustomed to it.
Tried to figure out how to connet the 3.5mm Jack plug socket to my phone to play music, cannot find any answer in AUX, just disc.

Another puzzling thing, in the boot offsidethere's a storage area where I believe a First Aid kit should be bit I have what appears to be a battery installed. Anybody have an idea what it is please?

Last edited:

David Richardson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W176 Blue Eff CY Sport CDI & C Class Coupe 2002 220CDI
David (GLK) will be the person most likely to help you on this one, he quite the knowledge on W169's.
For my two penneth it looks like an auxiliary battery for something

OP
Mike-Carter

Mike-Carter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169
Always amazes me that folk by a car and then find something they dont like about it
That's because most folk are humans, comments like this are not helpful just antagonistic.
Try to be more positive in a response. I have no idea how long you've been driving but I've been driving for 44 years and know that you cannot get a true understanding of a vehicle on a 10 mile test drive.

OP
Mike-Carter

Mike-Carter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169
David (GLK) will be the person most likely to help you on this one, he quite the knowledge on W169's.
For my two penneth it looks like an auxiliary battery for something
Hi David, thanks for your response, yes it does seem to be some sort of auxiliary battery but for what I have no idea.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Welcome Mike, all new vehicles take a bit of getting used to. I imagine the auxiliary battery runs the consumer electronics, but someone with knowledge will post answers, I'm sure. Jack sockets sometimes lurk in the sidewall of the glovebox, but I don't know about your car.

Hope you enjoy your Mercedes.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
probably auxiliary battery for stop/start but I've little knowledge of this model sorry...

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's exactly what it is - auxiliary battery for ECO Start/Stop function. Don't have one in my car, as these only appeared for the first time in 169 / 245 cars after the 2008-2009 facelift.

One thing that storage section is missing is a back - unless it's absent in the facelift, because of the battery?
Someone with newer car will help, I'm sure.

The first aid kit is on the left ;) behind the plastic cross holder, on top of the power socket:

43441020035_2515d4dac1_o.jpg

OP
Mike-Carter

Mike-Carter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169
Thanks pal, very good of you.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom