plastic fuel hose change

kanehug

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c270 2004
hi guys, as you can probably guess from the title , I need to change the plastic fuel hoses that lead from the valve to filter in my c270.
ive ordered the new one but its not going to get here until early jan due to xmas post.
my question is, Could I use fuel injector pipe (rubber hose) with the existing fitting as a go between so im not with out a car over xmas ? euro car parts sells a metre for a tenner apparently designed for high pressure injector lines , so I cant see a reason it wont work as a temp fix , was wondering if anyone else has done anything similar and how successful they where ?
thanks in advance guys im in a sticky spot !!

https://www.eurocarparts.com/injector-pipe

the above link is what im referring to.

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
Yes , I have done similar on a om606 engine taking fuel to the shut off valve this way.
You need to push about an inch and a half on the plastic line to get a good seal and allow enough rubber hose so it sits / lays in place without tugging or putting tension on the plastic fittings connection.
Use proper fuel hose clips , do not use jubilee clips

OP
K

kanehug

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c270 2004
awesome thanks for the advice, I will get the right clips , I wont be connecting pipe to pipe it will be pipe to fitting ( the barbed push fitting)

OP
K

kanehug

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c270 2004
exactly like the ends on these replacing the snapped clear plastic piping with high pressure injector piping

fy=uekl pipe.jpg

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
Yes that will work well, if you can force the rubber pipe right up as close to the end then you will only need one hose clip on it.
Just remember to secure the rubber hose to stop it flapping about otherwise it will make the fitting leak/ tugging on it.

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Use proper fuel hose clips , do not use jubilee clips

Out of interest, is this also necessary on non pressurised fuel hoses attaching them to metal pipes? I couldn't get on with the fuel hose clips as the job was fiddly and they wouldn't seem to go back over the pipe without the screw in place, and then i couldn't reach well enought to put the screw in...so I just used jubilee clips without problem (so far)

OP
K

kanehug

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c270 2004
personally ive always used jubilee , only going to use fuel clips this time cause it was suggested and its high pressure.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
You can make life easier dipping the new hose end into boiling hot water to soften it before pushing it onto the barbed fitting.

OP
K

kanehug

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c270 2004
thanks for the advice guys , every thing seems to be working well as of now no leaks cars running good , will deffo get me by until the new year I hope. I have one more question, the whole reason I needed the pipe replaced is I had broke it changing the thermostat , now everything is working well car gets up to temp but still struggling to get heat into the cab , its blows heat at higher rpm which say to me possible air in the system does any one have any good ways of bleeding these cdi engines ?

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
On my old 97 om606 engined w210 I loosened the hose connection on the duo valve and just put a very thin screw driver blade under the hose to let air out of the system until water came out and that sorted it out.
You can also drive slowly up and down a steep hill and it will probably bleed itself.

OP
K

kanehug

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c270 2004
ive tried all kinds , still got air in the heater core , when at high rpm the pipe to the heater core is rock solid no others are

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom