Please Help E43 AMG 2017

SUAREZ01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E43 AMG W213/2017/3.0 bi turbo
Hi, I have been trying to solve a problem with my car for approximately 7 months, the vehicle discharges the battery and the sign always shows start the engine and see at the owner's manual, I have already replaced the battery twice and it is still the same, I also changed the voltage converter and nothing, I took it to the Mercedes dealer and they told me it was the battery and I put the original battery in and it's still the same, there is no code on the scanner, but when I put the car in standby mode the battery doesn't discharge, does anyone have any Any idea what it could be?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Have you had the alternator refurbished / replaced?
I've had it where a diode fails in the alternator and depending upon where the alternator is when the car switches off, it may discharge (or might not). Rebuilt alternator with new regulator pack cured that.

Reactions: DSK

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Battery discharges can be a real pain to track down and can take a long time depending on what the cause is.
It's a little unclear from your description exactly when the battery is discharging?
For example, is the battery discharging when left parked up or when the engine has been turned off as part of the Start-Stop function?
I'm also unsure what you mean by Standby Mode?

OP
S

SUAREZ01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Battery discharges can be a real pain to track down and can take a long time depending on what the cause is.
It's a little unclear from your description exactly when the battery is discharging?
For example, is the battery discharging when left parked up or when the engine has been turned off as part of the Start-Stop function?
I'm also unsure what you mean by Standby Mode?
Hi, the standby mode is an option on the newer Mercedes, this option is for if you are going to be away for a long period of time you can put the car in standby mode to preserve the battery, the drain occurs overnight when I park the car.

OP
S

SUAREZ01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Have you had the alternator refurbished / replaced?
I've had it where a diode fails in the alternator and depending upon where the alternator is when the car switches off, it may discharge (or might not). Rebuilt alternator with new regulator pack cured that.
Thanks I’ll try that and I’ll keep you updated

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
This might be the source of the problem it sounds fairly common to the W213:

Top Bottom