Pollen Filter E 280 Est.1995

G MAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
380 slc 1981
Tomorrow,I'll try & replace the pollen filter housed under the wiper arm & exterior air vents.Looks tricky, any tips please?

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Pollen filter

G MAN said:
Tomorrow,I'll try & replace the pollen filter housed under the wiper arm & exterior air vents.Looks tricky, any tips please?

You need an allen key for the wiper arm, a crosshead screwdriver and patience. There are too many bits to describe step-by-step but start by cleaning out the drains & the plastic gauze thing and then work your way down into the heater assembly

From memory there are 4 bolts for the jump wiper assembly then it unplugs & lifts out. Not a problem

You don't need to remove the fan motor to get at the pollen filter. Don't drop screws down into the recess round the motor as they're difficult to get out again...

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

OP
G

G MAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
380 slc 1981
Thanks Bolide ,you give me theconfidence to tackle it, I'll report back as long as my fingers haven't snapped off!! -3C !!

OP
G

G MAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
380 slc 1981
Did it ,just as the blizzards started(Leeds/Bradford border)! Round at my local friendly indie, STADIUM GARAGE DUDLEY HILL B'F'D..IAN PHILIPS 01274 684487..in case I struggled but no real problems & thanks Bolide as you said, patience.
Filter from EuroCar Parts(perfect fit) £16,as opposed to local stealer £28.
Didn't have to touch any wiper assembly bits just remove lots of rubber trim to the passenger side to expose screws. Filter came with a diagram,although for a saloon,was quite helpful.Still got red light on EC with fan off but flow massively improved-any ideas on that? A white out now at 4pm so should test the demisting strength/improvement of blower in these conditions.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom