poor running when cold?

jackabea

Reaction score
Website
www.classicweddingcars.webs.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 380SEL
Hi fellow mb fans, i have a problem with my mb E300 T/D est 1999
i recently noticed it was very lumpy starting from cold and the H/plug light staying on for a while, anyway i throught ill sort that at the weekend! then
a crisis in the family stopped me sorting it so on the monday (last) i started the car at work to come home and it was really lumpy and choking smoke from the exhaust eventually i cleared it by flooring the pedal then turning they key to start it.
so i park it up until this weekend and got to it changing the filter (Fuel) as this has not been changed for a while and decided to flush the engine out with flush oil and replace oil and new filter etc. it seems to me like it is over fueling for some reason? well after a good seeing to and what not, it tried to start it agian from cold and hence the smoke and missfire? after about 5 mins it is ok! i have noticed that the turbo is not working on a test run? however i have just nipped to the shop and the turbo is ok? im confused? can anybody help please, all advice would be gratefuly rec.

thank in advance

jack:confused:

Last edited:

Number_Cruncher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E300D TE
Check;

- The glow plugs and their supply
- The compressions
- The injector spray patterns, opening pressure and leakage under pressure.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom