Possible new Vito owner

mike-evans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito
Hey all, Ive just joined this forum to get some advise on possibly buying a Vito.

My current Ford Transit is costing too much to get through its MOT, so Ive decided to part ways with it. Van is/will only be used on weekends for motocross.

Ive found a V reg Vito 108 cdi, with wheelchair ramp on the rear (bonus for loading the MX bikes in). Just been MOTd, needed few bulbs, exhaust and drop links.

A guy I know who owns his own garage has offered to do a deal on my Transit and some cash for this Vito. Hes known the Vito for the last 3 years, and had it in for the MOTs and regular servicing.

Does have the usual rust patches on the outside, which is nothing major and can be addressed when the weather breaks.

Questions I have:
What are the Vitos like to own?
Any common problems?
Reliability?

My mate said they do suffer with rust around the external panels, but not on the chassis unlike the Ford Transits (or atleast this Vito has never needed chassis welding).....

Any advice etc.. would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom