Power loss after battery disconnect!

Ad777

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 C250 TD estate W202 engine
Firstly, apologies for all the posts..everything going wrong at once. So I replaced all the plastic fuel pipes a couple of days ago, the car has started and driven fine since. We are up the West coast of Scotland on holiday, last night the alarm started going off 3-4 times, so I disconnected the battery for the sake of peace in the hotel!
Reconnected this morning, car started fine, but has lost power, especially going up hills...similar to when my inlet manifold rubber was split.
Could this be connected to disconnecting the battery, or is it just yet another coincidence, and a new issue to deal with?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated, Adam

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
I think the "fly by wire" remote accelerator possibly needs a reset. Have a search on here or Google for the procedure.

OP
A

Ad777

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you for the quick response... I will investigate that and repost for future reference if that is what it is! Appreciated Adam

GeoffWestWales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 cdi Estate (Called Helga)
Not sure how long you are up here for but I'm near Ellon in Aberdeenshire and could pull the codes for you

OP
A

Ad777

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not sure how long you are up here for but I'm near Ellon in Aberdeenshire and could pull the codes for you
That's greatly appreciated, we are nearly home in Dunblane...weirdly enough we had planned to head over to crude bay today but the car playing up put a damper on it. Thanks for the thought though. I take it there is no way to self reset in the car then..and will have to get scanned? I have a cheap reader for codes but think this car too old for that type of reader!

OP
A

Ad777

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fixed...the wee flexible rubber pipe running from the side of the inlet manifold had split...coincidences do happen! Thank you all for your input, till the next time! Adam

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom