Power loss and jerking/surging after freeway driving

Connor31

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 Vito 110CDI
Hi, I have a 2012 Vito 110CDI compact van with 170k on the clock. Firstly, on the way home from a camping trip, after about 2 hours my van started to loose power and a jerking sensation was felt, however there was no warning lights on the dash. I took it straight to the mechanics and after 1.5 weeks they couldn’t figure it out as it was not doing it again and they said there were no faults. It still drove around suburban areas just fine and sounds and feels good. I ambitiously took it on another trip hoping it was a one off and once again on the way home after about 4 hours driving on the freeway the same thing happened and I was forced to pull over. I waited about 10 minutes and tried again and coasted home without the symptoms occurring again. It’s driving me insane. Is there anyone out there that has any ideas what is happening?

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Possibly turbo actuator - doesn't throw codes but causes symptoms like you describe and tends to happen when hot. Can be re-furbed by a good turbo shop. If you replace you have to get the exact type as they are matched to the turbo.

OP
C

Connor31

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 Vito 110CDI
Thanks for the prompt reply, Larkone. Will check it out

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom