Power Steering Noise In The Morning

David Turner

New Registration
Reaction score
I have a mercedes 500 SL 91

I am experiencing a power steering noise in the morning, it goes after a short period whilst being driven.

I might have to top up the power steering fluid, but it doesnt indicate the max level. Its showing a third full is this correct?

If not how full does it has to be?

Dave

LYNALL

Reaction score
Most pas reserviors is see at work are at least 3/4 full the bit at the top left for expansion, my w210 i about 1.5 inch below the top and wifes w203 is similiar.

Lynall

wireman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
nice 201 2.5D 1993 & very nice 129 SL500 1994
Don't overlook the drive belt and tensioner. I dealt with a similar only when cold fault on a 190 recently, it turned out to be the damper on its belt tensioner was way beyond its usefull life.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom