Pre heat indicator light

dranoel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
180se b class 2016
W246 the pre heat light on our b class is remaining on after starting the engine. needless to say Mercedes service locations understandably are closed whilst the virus lockdown continues. which puts me in a dilemma as both my wife and I are in our 80s and need transport for shopping beit food or medical. do we continue to use the car despite the light? or is there fuse I can pull out after the engine has started. if so where and how to identify

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
W246 the pre heat light on our b class is remaining on after starting the engine. needless to say Mercedes service locations understandably are closed whilst the virus lockdown continues. which puts me in a dilemma as both my wife and I are in our 80s and need transport for shopping beit food or medical. do we continue to use the car despite the light? or is there fuse I can pull out after the engine has started. if so where and how to identify
If it’s the glow plug preheat light , it normally means that one of the glow plugs is defective . Keep using it as normal and don’t worry , just get it done when lockdown is over .

OP
D

dranoel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
180se b class 2016
Thanks for that. that's put my mind at rest

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom