Prestige insurance

eclass guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class E500 Cab 2012 4.7l twin turbo
My renewal is coming up soon so I decided to get a quote from Prestige.

They did me a good quote, but when I asked them to email it over to me, the girl refused to send a quote with the price as it's against company policy!!!

Now I've owned a insurance brokerage in the past and if my memory serves me correctly if a person requests a full written quote a broker/insurance company has to provide it otherwise they are in breach of FSA/FCA regulations.

It all strikes me as a bit strange ( actually I know why they do it, it's to stop people using their quote to get a reduction but you have to play the game, rules are rules) and I for one wouldn't use them because of this.

Sky Insurance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MR2 Mk1.5
My renewal is coming up soon so I decided to get a quote from Prestige.

They did me a good quote, but when I asked them to email it over to me, the girl refused to send a quote with the price as it's against company policy!!!

Now I've owned a insurance brokerage in the past and if my memory serves me correctly if a person requests a full written quote a broker/insurance company has to provide it otherwise they are in breach of FSA/FCA regulations.

It all strikes me as a bit strange ( actually I know why they do it, it's to stop people using their quote to get a reduction but you have to play the game, rules are rules) and I for one wouldn't use them because of this.

Strange indeed. Feel free to get in touch with us for a comparison, we'd certainly have no problem confirming a quotation in writing.

Tel: 01707 642552

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
....... and then there are insurance companies that will give you a once in a life time deal on your insurance ie you can have your insurance for £*** but only if you take it out now!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom