R107 380sl/500 engine

gerardo

Reaction score
Hello Guys

As a new in the forum I would like to intrduce my self, my name is Gerardo and I live in Caracas Venezuela were fill it up a 90 lits gas tank cost about 2 british pounds, as you see gas millage is not an issue.
I am a vintage car lover I own trhee VW and a 280S W108 that I am rebuilding the engine y now.
I am in the process of buying a 1982 380SL with a 500 engine on it swaped by the first owner because hie wife broke the engine due to a coolong system faliure.
I test the car on the road with the following results, water temp. +80°C, oil pressure almost 2 in idle and full 3 running, we reach over 160 km/h without any problem with 3 adults in the car (please do not ask how), tha car run smooth and the gearbox perform OK, good brake power due to the fact that the rotors are in the wear limit (the owner told me that), when the car is settle for a while takes a little caranking to start, the owner told me a fuel pressure device must be adjusted.
No rust of body filler, good leather upholtery, minor interior details,nice canvas and hardtop, spotless engine bay, new Toyo tires and the battery is in the trunk ? a huge 900 amp one.
My main concern comes about the mechanical repairs cost, since I can do many jobs here the parts cost a fortune and I do not want to be in problems with that.
By the way any in the forum can tell me where I can find a picture (or maybe send my one) of the hard top stand to copy it.
Thanks in advance and wishing health to enjoy your rides

Gerardo

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom