Racechip

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
Looking to buy a race chip a GTS Black for my E350 blue tec. I've read a lot of negative and positive feedback any owners who had any dealings with the company as the gains look impressive.

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
Nope, but just get it remapped properly instead.
But the one I'm looking at is fitted in ten mins and undetectable. you can turn it on and off and also use different settings from blue tooth.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
But the one I'm looking at is fitted in ten mins and undetectable. you can turn it on and off and also use different settings from blue tooth.

Why do you need to do any of that???

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Why would you fool crucial information going to the ecu ?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
As above these boxes are not a comparable to a map, they take information in, usually amplify (either positively or negatively) the single and send that to the ecu, fooling it into thinking it needs to provide more boost or fuel. Fitting in 10 minutes also makes me think it can only be plugged into 1 or 2 locations so likely O2 and rail pressure, which is a really poor way to increase engine performance

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Don’t risk damaging your nice Mercedes with some cheap box of tricks. A proper engine remap will vastly improve your car, power and torque and keep it within its safe parameters, but just mho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I expect the figures on paper are amazing at least 200bhp increase and +20mpg at the same time...:cool:

Reality on a dyno would be “results may vary” :rolleyes:

GAD or MSL with a before and after dyno. No arguing with them horses

axelcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
Just don’t believe everything what they are saying about those “magic boxes “...go for a classic remapping and you’ll not regret it, I did it and I’m enjoying my car every day knowing 100% what I’ve got under the bonnet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 Ml63 AMG with performance package
I tried a racechip box on my old E class,the same as yours.
It just threw a engine management light up on the dash.

Load of old rubbish.

Ended up going to Msl for a propper map.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
These boxes are a plague to the tuning world! I will find the plots but had a BiTurbo C63 in at a Dyno day and booked at 469bhp and they usually make around that pull 420bhp with the Racechip box!!!

Could see ignition being retarded by 3 degrees on a pull and target AFR maps had been struggling to keep the fuelling in check! Avoid Avoid Avoid

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
These boxes are a plague to the tuning world! I will find the plots but had a BiTurbo C63 in at a Dyno day and booked at 469bhp and they usually make around that pull 420bhp with the Racechip box!!!

Could see ignition being retarded by 3 degrees on a pull and target AFR maps had been struggling to keep the fuelling in check! Avoid Avoid Avoid
But did it pop and bang...:p:D

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
Looking to buy a race chip a GTS Black for my E350 blue tec. I've read a lot of negative and positive feedback any owners who had any dealings with the company as the gains look impressive.

I've tuned a few cars in my time but old school flowed and ported heads type of stuff Nos and the like. all this modern stuff........
So who's the remap boys to go to in the Southwest hopefully but willing to travel for the right garage.
any help would be appreciated. cost and gains please. nothing too radical say around 50bhp and a few nm.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
I've tuned a few cars in my time but old school flowed and ported heads type of stuff Nos and the like. all this modern stuff........
So who's the remap boys to go to in the Southwest hopefully but willing to travel for the right garage.
any help would be appreciated. cost and gains please. nothing too radical say around 50bhp and a few nm.
Lots of NM to be had

Drop us a line my friend

Many thanks

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107

Well got talked out of the race chip and into a remap and a trip to dartford, the claimed gains are about the same, and the cost is comparable so it should make the ole girl lift her skirts.....So who's the best insurance for a remapped car then lads....

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Most insurance companies allow for 10% increase with just an admin charge, it’s all down to the insurer in all honesty, some make no real difference and others are extortionate.

worth chatting to @alexanderfoti, not too far away and know how to tune a few things ;)

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
Most insurance companies allow for 10% increase with just an admin charge, it’s all down to the insurer in all honesty, some make no real difference and others are extortionate.

worth chatting to @alexanderfoti, not too far away and know how to tune a few things ;)
thanks Matty

allybassman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 Estate
Please do not waste your money on a Tuning box - they have a place in the market for sure, just not for a complex V6 Diesel!

I had a DTUK box on my old 320d many years ago, it was fine but it was very on/off, you could feel the box 'kicking in' and was not very smooth no matter what settings I messed about with.

On the flip side I have had my C350 remapped by MSL and I could not be happier with the results, the car feels OEM+ which is what a remap should be like, not a dodgy bolt on job.

Darkside developments tested some Tuning boxes on their Dyno - interesting results.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom