Radio cassette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Donne

Reaction score
The audio 10 radio cassette in my two year old 240E has packed up.  MB quote £350 for a replacement.  Are there any used/cheaper ones out there?

David Halsey

Reaction score
I would look outside the dealer, sony/kenwood/pioneer will give much better units for 1/2 the price

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
David's right, go to any ICE dealer, and you could get a much better CD head unit for quite a bit less than that. Plus it will have far more pretty graphics and flashing lights on it!!

cheers

David Halsey

Reaction score
just as a comment

MB Have been having a lot of problems with the supplie audio systems. I spent a 3 month sabatical at a dealer last year and during that tme suppled an awful lot of headunits fr 1 month old units.

Ask a dealer and they will, of course, deny it

fuzzer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
This is interesting to hear about the audio 10,30, command head unit problems . These head units are all supplied by becker . I was thinking about installing a becker system into my car and they are not cheap .. what were the main problems with them ?

R10RGT

Reaction score
Probably not the best time to offer...

... but I have an "Audio 10 CD" Merc CD Headunit, and am looking to change for a unit with Mini-Disc and CD MultiChanger. So I would be happy to pass on the Merc unit for the right price?!

Out of interest, my dealer says the only warranty claim the first owner of my 1998 W202 made was on the Headunit...!!!

I've had Alpine Audio before, and will probably try that again. Does anyone know a good source of re-con car audio?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom