RADIO CONNECTIONS

TOSHA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI ELEGANCE AUTO 2001 2148
Can anyone help with identifying radio connecter pinouts on my E220 (2001)

The unit is A10 radio cassette.

the Haynes manual is a bit ambiguous.

I have fitted my Panasonic Radio/CD unit CQ-C3301N all working ok, but in the Merc harness there does not appear to be a switched ignition feed, I was wondering, does the Data bus detect when the ignition is turned off and this turns the radio off on the original A10 tape/radio player???

regards Tosha (again!)

Last edited:
N

npuk

You need to wire in a switched live. You can take it from the cigarette lighter.

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
No expert but most require a constant live feed and a switched feed ,the constant feed usually holds the memory like pre set stations ,time etc.
Both constant and ign switch lives feeds is best with inline fuses fitted .
If you get the 2 lives mixed up then when you turn radio back on you would have to retune the station each time you turn it on, if this occures swap the lives around.

OP
T

TOSHA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI ELEGANCE AUTO 2001 2148
Thanks to Mercmancdi and Npuk

Job done thanks, working as stated now.

Had to fit another pin in the socket as there was no pin and lead in the switched connection.

The pinout diagram I had for the A10 connector was garbage, and the Haynes manual as I said was ambiguous.

As there was no switched live into the existing tape player (A10) Wonder why it was switching off when I removed the ignition key? Just supposed it might have something to do with the Buss Line

Top Bottom