Random Proximity Alerts

ChrisMB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC250D 4MATIC Dec 17
The answer to this will probably be the Garage but looking for hints/tips to see if I can do anything.

Last week shortly after starting the car and driving the left front Proximity alert came on. There was nothing on the road and no cars in front or to the side. This happens almost daily but after about 10 miles stops. Also the red marking from both sides indicated that I was about to hit something. Again nothing around me. The indications last for a couple of seconds and go.

I ensured the sensors were cleaned and even put it through the Car wash to ensure nothing on the sensor.

I know that when I take it in they in say they can't find anything as it's intermittent. Been out today and nothing went wrong.

Just interested to know if others have have experienced this issue and what the outcome was.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

GLC250D 4MATIC Dec 17 Reg

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
The answer to this will probably be the Garage but looking for hints/tips to see if I can do anything.

Last week shortly after starting the car and driving the left front Proximity alert came on. There was nothing on the road and no cars in front or to the side. This happens almost daily but after about 10 miles stops. Also the red marking from both sides indicated that I was about to hit something. Again nothing around me. The indications last for a couple of seconds and go.

I ensured the sensors were cleaned and even put it through the Car wash to ensure nothing on the sensor.

I know that when I take it in they in say they can't find anything as it's intermittent. Been out today and nothing went wrong.

Just interested to know if others have have experienced this issue and what the outcome was.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

GLC250D 4MATIC Dec 17 Reg
Mine has erratic stages as well , I think sometimes things like large water drops , falling leaves sliding over the sensor can trigger it . I would suggest that if you have a dry day when nothing goes wrong then they are working correctly ?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom