Rattles

John Tinsley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 240 AVANTGARDE cabriolet
I have some annoying sounds coming from my cabriolet; The first one is a continued clicking noise, which seems to be coming from the dashboard that stops after a few minutes (3 or 4).
The second is a rattle from the front end of the roof were it latches to the windscreen. I would imagine a common one. Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers
John

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
One thing I'm not missing from my SL500...more rattles than Mothercare! It was great to get the roof down whenever I could as it was near silent then...
I placed some self adhesive foam strips where I could identify the rattles which was a few. There are as still one near the rear I just could not track down for the life of me so I gave up and just accepted it's a folding roof with moving parts..
Turn the stereo up...;)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Dashboard clicking is a stepper motor for the heater flaps. Some of them are easy to change, The defrost ones are dash out I believe.

OP
J

John Tinsley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 240 AVANTGARDE cabriolet
Thank you Alex....interesting... I tried to put some heat to my feet on the journey from collecting the car and couldn't get it to work. Now i know why !

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Thank you Alex....interesting... I tried to put some heat to my feet on the journey from collecting the car and couldn't get it to work. Now i know why !

They are the easy ones I believe!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom