Re-map?????

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
I know we talk a lot about,
re-maps on here, but i was coming home from Blackpool this morning on the M55/M6
(dry roads) and I have to say me car was feeling particularly fantastic to drive, (don't no why) absolutely effortless performance and acceleration, C207 350 CDI
265bhp model. So would a
re-map make much difference? would I be able to tell? because if it did make a big difference the car would be absolutely AWESOME! :)
And would have thought would embarrass a lot of so called fast cars.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
I know we talk a lot about,
re-maps on here, but i was coming home from Blackpool this morning on the M55/M6
(dry roads) and I have to say me car was feeling particularly fantastic to drive, (don't no why) absolutely effortless performance and acceleration, C207 350 CDI
265bhp model. So would a
re-map make much difference? would I be able to tell? because if it did make a big difference the car would be absolutely AWESOME! :)
And would have thought would embarrass a lot of so called fast cars.
You dont need to know my thoughts :)

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
All I can say is had mine done at GAD and driving around town the car feels "stock" no inappropriate gear chages or fuel figures. However get it on the motorway slip road and "give it the beans" and the difference is mind blowing!!!! You have to have it done mate:)

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
I did have my car, re-mapped
and WOW! I can confirm it's definitely worth it. :D

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I REALLY want mine mapped. Every time I save up the cash something else steals the money, at the moment I'm trying to sort a brake judder, no use going faster when it won't stop cleanly.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
even a good generic remap will improve the car Jim , obvs a GAD map is the optimum but if funds don't allow , don't rule it out pal ;)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
even a good generic remap will improve the car Jim , obvs a GAD map is the optimum but if funds don't allow , don't rule it out pal ;)

I know Simon, but, I want to get a GAD map done so badly, however, until the brakes work properly there's no point, in fact I'd go so far as to say it would be potentially dangerous. :shock:

The cars back in the garage at the moment getting new front hub rotors fitted, the calipers stripped, cleaned and greased and an MOT done. Hopefully that will get the car stopping without juddering, then, there will be a concentrated effort to get the money together for the remap, can't wait! ;)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom