Rear discs W210

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
I think its about time I replaced my rear discs. I'm a bit brassy at the moment, so would either of these be ok from ECP?

ATE n/a 104220470 REAR BRAKE DISC(SOLID) 202 208 209 210 124 E320 EST.210 E280/320/420
£21.24

EICHER n/a 104220471 REAR BRAKE DISC(SOLID) 202 208 209 210 124 E320 EST.210 E280/320/420
£16.32

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
GSF do brembo I do not think that there is much difference, they are all large international companies

David124T

Reaction score
I replaced all four in December with ATE disks. The calipers and master cylinder are ATE componants so they have been OE suppliers to MB.

David

OP
Parrot of Doom

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
Thanks fellas, the ATE discs it is then. ECP has the benefit to me of being only about 3 miles away, the Merc dealer is 4 times that :)

And yes I'm brassic, its just around here we tend to say brassy :)

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Thanks fellas, the ATE discs it is then. ECP has the benefit to me of being only about 3 miles away, the Merc dealer is 4 times that :)

And yes I'm brassic, its just around here we tend to say brassy :)

That's t'up north... Nooo don't start that again :D :D :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
HI Parrot

Genuine MB discs for your car are 210 423 06 12 and are £25.34ea from http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk/

I know what i would do.

Good Luck

Since Block exemption came into force, original OE suppliers can now say who they supply with new components. I think that there are at least 5 that supply MB brake components

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300TD/1998/3.0 Diesel
Since Block exemption came into force, original OE suppliers can now say who they supply with new components. I think that there are at least 5 that supply MB brake components

And your point is?? Dont use Genuine MB parts or do use Genuine MB parts??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And your point is?? Dont use Genuine MB parts or do use Genuine MB parts??

I thought that I said, or at least indicated in my post that you do not now have to go to MB for your genuine spare parts. as the same parts can be bought much cheaper now from local factors and parts suppliers.

So what is my point, buy the real thing cheaper, why pay more. I do hope now that you can understand my posting. Its a free world out there no doubt there are those who would rather pay more for the same thing, but that is choice, something that humans have, the only species in the universe with that gift.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
The thing is that Merc are constantly updating the specs of parts to improve on performance, (even for discontinued models) and it would be highly likely that there would be a longer lead time for the updated spec items to be available from a motor factor.

That is the main reason I would always buy the dealer item (I would know I have the latest spec product, for very little extra cost).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brake components are the fastest components used in car repairs MB do little in the development of brake components. They are all bought in including electronic systems ie, Bosch
I am not talking about suspension components where updates can take place.

Any new product are fully tested by MB if OK and they approve, then the old stock is not thrown away, they are sold off first, so no guarantee that your MB part is the latest

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
I would add one point here, be careful with brake pads. Too high a metal content and brake squeal. Asia is turning out a lot of these none OE pads and they are causing problems. They seem to have found their way into the European market. A friend e mailed me today from Denmark. Just thought id add this in case you guys in UK find this squeal problem.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would add one point here, be careful with brake pads. Too high a metal content and brake squeal. Asia is turning out a lot of these none OE pads and they are causing problems. They seem to have found their way into the European market. A friend e mailed me today from Denmark. Just thought id add this in case you guys in UK find this squeal problem.

We only ever recommend Mintex,bendix and EBC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300TD/1998/3.0 Diesel
I thought that I said, or at least indicated in my post that you do not now have to go to MB for your genuine spare parts. as the same parts can be bought much cheaper now from local factors and parts suppliers.

So what is my point, buy the real thing cheaper, why pay more. I do hope now that you can understand my posting. Its a free world out there no doubt there are those who would rather pay more for the same thing, but that is choice, something that humans have, the only species in the universe with that gift.

Hi

So from that i would assume you put Europarts brake items on your SL then Television??

I have done the Europarts thing before and i have stopped long ago in my opinion and from experience Genuine MB parts are worth fitting especially when there is so little in the difference in cost as per these brake discs. But hey as you say it is a free world.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi

So from that i would assume you put Europarts brake items on your SL then Television??

I have done the Europarts thing before and i have stopped long ago in my opinion and from experience Genuine MB parts are worth fitting especially when there is so little in the difference in cost as per these brake discs. But hey as you say it is a free world.

Euro parts sell nothing for my SL and I never buy parts from them for anything.

Since block exemption we now know who make what and for who, normal motor factors sell Mintex, bendix and other top brands, electricals I buy from Bosch. I get a trade discount from these people and the price comes down to ½ for the genuine thing.
I use EBC pads as thousands do all over the world as they give me a choice.

You seem to be under a miss apprehension as to what block exemption is all about.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300TD/1998/3.0 Diesel
Hi

Im not talking about Block Exemption!

I am (in this free world) promoting the use of Genuine MB parts.

Parrot get the genuine MB parts far all the cash difference.

Thats it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi

Im not talking about Block Exemption!

I am (in this free world) promoting the use of Genuine MB parts.

Parrot get the genuine MB parts far all the cash difference.

Thats it.

It is not it as you say, if I buy parts from a motor factor and they came down the same production line but go into different boxes, then I am using original parts. Thats why the government brought the act into play, if you want to pay double for the same thing, then you are either filthy rich or stupid in my eyes, and only wishing to pick an argument.

Top Bottom