Rear Electric window stuck 'open'. (SL55)

David Arnott

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2009
Look at the seam between the two halves of the box, there are two "tabs" close together, twist with little force a flat object there and it will pop apart.

David Arnott

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2009
... and for your next challange, here is the module that controls the seat !

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
OP
G

Goliath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'03 SL55 AMG
Well the window is now closed! YAY!

I'm glad it is now secure, although it was closed by probing pins 11 and 14 on this connector:

All the pins on that connector are a bit grimy with blue/green corrosion, so I will clean them up in due course.

Thanks david for sending me the pinout :)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
star c3

Just looked online and see that 'SDS' is just an abbreviation for Star Diagnostics System. Makes sense now!

I have ordered a Star C3 system (thanks to lots of help from David) but will need to wait for it to arrive.

just out of interest ,how can i contact dave ref star c3, i want the same system .

OP
G

Goliath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'03 SL55 AMG
It's 'david arnott' on here, if you click on his name it should they give you the option to message him. I bought the star c3 from rhcartool.com and I also bought a suitable laptop to run the software. David is kindly sorting out installing the software for me :)

Derek Bavaird

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl 55 Amg
I have both seats out of my sl55 AMG will this stop the roof from working?

Derek Bavaird

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl 55 Amg
R230 AMG 55 2003 model 46k Mls RHD I had taken the seats out to refurb them. Days later when I opened the roof it got stuck halfway and the NSR window was stuck in the fully open position. Turns out this was because the lumbar vacuum pipe was lying off under the seats and I assume this had exhausted the reserve air in the reservoir, the PSE pump was running then stopping after a bit so I knew it was ok.

Checking for vacuum pipe leaks is important as there are pipes everywhere and any one of them could have come adrift or as mentioned in an earlier thread the lumbar bag may be perished. To check for leaks (better with two or more people preferably young) you must listen very carefully at a time when there is no noise pollution around and of course you must continually reset the PSE to run with on off ignition.

Top Bottom