Rear indicator fault after battery change

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I’ve read that there is a reset that has to be done in some cases, to ensure things like windows works properly etc. Perhaps some fellow member can advise on that and see if that resolved the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turn steering wheel lock to lock a couple of times whilst slowly moving forward to reset the steering angle sensor.
Open the windows and hold the switch down for ~10seconds, and then up and hold for ~10seconds to reset the one touch window opening (and closing)

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
^ This will reset the windows - a common problem when the battery is disconnected. Have you checked the fuse for the radio - may have blown if your guys did something while installing the battery. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the light problem is just a coincidence, happens a lot, find a fault and another unconnected issue arises. MB's are finicky as to what battery is fitted. Having read so many threads on this forum about battery issues I've always fitted genuine MB batteries with the knowledge that I'm paying more than third party suppliers charge. That's just me though!

OP
J

jacko028

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 ( 55 ) E220 CDI Estate
^ This will reset the windows - a common problem when the battery is disconnected. Have you checked the fuse for the radio - may have blown if your guys did something while installing the battery. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the light problem is just a coincidence, happens a lot, find a fault and another unconnected issue arises. MB's are finicky as to what battery is fitted. Having read so many threads on this forum about battery issues I've always fitted genuine MB batteries with the knowledge that I'm paying more than third party suppliers charge. That's just me though!
How I wish I’d gone for a genuine MB battery ( as I did before ) ….but had thought I might sell the car this year …when my old dog will likely kick the bucket …although said that last year and he keeps going ! My main regret is getting the two lads outside the shop to fit the battery , I thought what could go wrong ? Well clearly they connected the battery up the wrong way and blew things ?! Windows all working fine ….just the right rear indicator and the radio . It’s looking like I need to source a SAM unit ? Will have to be second hand a new one is over £600 …simply not worth it on this old banger . That’s if it is a SAM …I don’t know !! I’ve read so much and am now going around in circles .

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Couldnt agree more and MB batteries last a ****** long time.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
How I wish I’d gone for a genuine MB battery ( as I did before ) ….but had thought I might sell the car this year …when my old dog will likely kick the bucket …although said that last year and he keeps going ! My main regret is getting the two lads outside the shop to fit the battery , I thought what could go wrong ? Well clearly they connected the battery up the wrong way and blew things ?! Windows all working fine ….just the right rear indicator and the radio . It’s looking like I need to source a SAM unit ? Will have to be second hand a new one is over £600 …simply not worth it on this old banger . That’s if it is a SAM …I don’t know !! I’ve read so much and am now going around in circles .
I doubt its the sam as the module is providing the codes.
- check the radio fuse
- check for ingress in the light and replace it if it needs doing
- send me the 600 pounds

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Yep easy to go round in circles on issues like this. A good MB indie should be able to sort for you.

OP
J

jacko028

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I doubt its the sam as the module is providing the codes.
- check the radio fuse
- check for ingress in the light and replace it if it needs doing
- send me the 600 pounds
No £600 for you I’m afraid because it was the SAM module …replaced with a second hand one £30 on eBay and now indicator all working as it should !!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No £600 for you I’m afraid because it was the SAM module …replaced with a second hand one £30 on eBay and now indicator all working as it should !!
Damn, paying for my own beer tonight then.
Glad you got it sorted.
Ebay is great for used car parts on older cars off cars being broken. Had my share of W220 bits over the last year.

OP
J

jacko028

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Damn, paying for my own beer tonight then.
Glad you got it sorted.
Ebay is great for used car parts on older cars off cars being broken. Had my share of W220 bits over the last year.
mind you the radio / stereo still not working ….guess I’ll have to sing along with the dog .

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Have you checked the radio fuse. Some radios have a fuse mounted at the back pf the radio.
You are getting there!

OP
J

jacko028

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No , not checked fuse at back of radio …just the fuse in the side by steering wheel no 28 ?
Have you checked the radio fuse. Some radios have a fuse mounted at the back pf the radio.
You are getting there!

Top Bottom