Recommendation for front discs CLC WDB2037082E 220CDI

Nikki2512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDI sport 2008, C200 Sport Estate 205 series 2015
I need to replace front discs and pads on my CLC and whereas I would just normally buy Mercedes parts the local Mercedes dealer parts dept Hughes of Beaconsfield is closed due to COVID 19 and can not even gives date to reopen !
Having looked on line there are too many choices and I would ask for recommendations as to the a good quality disc costing up to £100 without having to upgrade the existing callipers.
Manufacturers I recognise are Bosh and Brembo are these any good?
Ideally a manufacturer, part ref and suggested supplier would be welcome.

Thanks. Nikki

OP
N

Nikki2512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for your quick reply. For some odd reason ECP are selling off Brembo Max high performance slotted discs Brembo part 09.8411.75 with a 83% discount which currently makes them much cheaper than the Brembo standard discs.
Is it a good idea going for the performance option or is there a hidden drawback since I will be using standard pads ?

Thanks Nikki

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
slotted discs are just for show on a street car and will wear out the pads significantly quicker.
I think that's why they always seem to be discounted, no-one wants them!
I'm not sure if MB Grangemouth are open (I think they are), but check their OEM prices as they give forum discount and will deliver UK anywhere for £5. Telephone 01324 686002

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
As above try MB some of the dealers advertise on EBay so worth doing a search on there, if I can’t get MB discs and pads standard Brembo is my default choice

OP
N

Nikki2512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks JBell, John and Malcolm for your replies. I was nearly going to order the Brembo slotted discs, but after the comments (John), I took the safe option and phoned MB in Grangemouth and they are to ship for the £5 courier charge.

Good news that the 5 MB dealers in the Grangemouth area are all open which is more than can be said for Hughes Beaconsfield who appear to be closed UFN ...Not great service from them !

Thanks once again.

Nikki

OP
N

Nikki2512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fitted new front discs and pads. Worst task was getting calliper bolts undone since at a difficult angle to get enough leverage.
Used torque wrench to set tension when tightening. Did not use lock-tight Blue, and now reflecting if this is required?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Rears on my 63 were a 'mare to be honest too!
On the loctite it doesn't hurt to use it, but if you've set the tension right probably not necessary. I have never bothered although it's been a couple of years since I did any glad to say!

OP
N

Nikki2512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks John.
Apologises for late acknowledgement, your reply dropped into my Junk EM box. Nikki

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Whenever I have to do brake discs/caliper removal I first put the car onto wheel ramps so that I’ve got a sporting chance of getting underneath the car and undoing the bolts with enough clearance for a breaker bar .
The moment they start to move I drive off the ramps and then go back to jacking/stands

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom