Recommended tyres for 1998 C250TD

MarkyBoy

Reaction score
Hi there, I need to replace the tyres on '98 C250TD... Does anyone know if there's a recommended tyre? The amount of tyres out there is baffling but I'm not able to spend a fortune... Been offered some Barum tyres at £55 each fitted apparently on offer, they are made by Continental apparently but I guess they are no better than a 'budget'??

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Don't know about that brand but Kumho's are quite well thought of. I put 2 on the front of my 202 about 6 months ago and I'm very happy.

CRH71

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 TD
I've used Barum's before on an older E34 BMW.

Not bad, but I must confess they did leave a bit to be desired in terms of grip and overall life.

My current 1999 C250TD estate was fitted with Vreidstein (sp?) tryes all round before I got it and they have proven to be a good tyre in both the wet and dry.

Personally, I'd suggest ignoring the very cheap budget tyres and go for 'mid range' if you're looking to keep the costs sensible.

HTH

garyp16

Reaction score
Personally I fit Dunlop SPs to all my motors, currently a CLC220. Good wear and hold road well although it's all motorways miles I do.

check out http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/
just type in reg number...can make huge savings

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom